Jason Rock - Council Candidate

leroibrown

Re: Jason Rock - Council Candidate

Post by leroibrown »

I agree with Nellie. On the corner of Hwy 97 and Hwy 33 there are about 20 of Rock's signs. Everyone else just puts up one or two. It's a disgraceful waste and is very annoying. This is one more reason why I will not be selecting Jason as one of my eight picks for councillors. This many signs is just a little bit of overkill. Very silly Jason. :ohmygod: :sillygrin: :runforlife:
jason_rock

Post by jason_rock »

Leroibrown & Nellie

Thank-you for your comments.

I have a different strategy on signs.

1. By not spreading 200 single signs all over the city like most other candidates do, I do not waste fuel.
2. When my signs are pulled out by vandals, I only have to drive to 10 spots every couple of nights to fix them.
3. My signs have been recycled 3 times and only have lost 10% of them.
4. I don't use the big ones as they use lots of lumber, cost 20 times as much, and when defaced, must be thrown away.
5. The wood is never recycled from the big signs as it is usually full of nails and warped.
6. Candidates use signs to attract attention to their website or materials. The signs are only step one (Awareness) of the Awareness-Interest-Knowledge standard communication process. Many people who are running from the media field or the incumbents already have the awareness part of the process down but most candidates need that initial exposure to get people interested in them enough (Interest) so that they want to learn more about the candidate (Knowledge).

I wish we did not have to use signs but as long as the city allows it, we have to use the tools available to us because our competition will or already have a head start. Even the green candidates use signs (and lots of them I must add). I would rather see the city website be the main portal to the candidates and then link from there in the future.

I hope this clarifies my reasons for my sign placement strategy. You may disagree with me, but I at least hope you understand where I am coming from.

Regards
Jason Rock
jason_rock

Post by jason_rock »

I would like to thank everyone for participating in the forum discussions. I enjoy the two-way discussion process as it allows us to engage 24/7 on any topic. Whether you agree with my platform or not, I hope everyone gets out to vote tomorrow as this is an important time in Kelowna's history.

Regards
Jason Rock
www.jason-rock.com
justice4U

Post by justice4U »

Jason,

I've been out of the country for a bit, but I see you've been up to your old tricks.

You posted on November 8th: "As cities get larger, the crime rate goes up." That is just patently false. Kelowna is a perfect example - we have grown, and continue to grow, yet our crime rate has been falling year after year.

One more thing - as for your "politically correct" idea of taxing the use of plastic bags, you may wish to pick up today's Globe and Mail and read of the folly of such an exercise. Research, Jason, research....
leroibrown

Post by leroibrown »

Looks like Jason got about one vote per sign he put up. :dyinglaughing: By the way the crime rate has gone up. My car has been broken into three times this year and I don't even bother to report it to the RCMP anymore as they don't even come to investigate. There may very well be less reported crime for this same reason. My brothers truck was stolen two weeks ago as well. Neither of us has ever been violated like this until this year. Just because McKinnon shows his report doesn't necessarily mean it is accurate. People don't even bother reporting crime anymore as they just get more frustrated when the police say there is nothing they can do to help you. So there.
justice4U

Post by justice4U »

To Leroibrown,

You say all the stats and experts are wrong about the crime rate decreasing. And how do you know? Well, because you car got broken into and your brother's got stolen. Wow. Are you just trying to be funny?

Not that I expect you care (after all, why listen to scientists who say the earth is round when you know for sure that if it was, we'd all fall off), but criminologists will tell you that the best indicia of crime is the murder rate for the simple reason it is not subject to any potential reporting fluctuation. And, again, not that I expect you care, but the murder rate is B.C. last year was at a FORTY (40) year low.

And now to Jason,

I have been hard on you in a number of these postings and you have always taken the high road, maybe even when I deserved a jab back. I applaud the effort you made in responding, and responding in the manner you did.

It is far easier to criticize than it is to put one's name forward for public office. That takes courage. So congratulations on a battle well-fought. No doubt we'll hear more from you next time around. Take care
jason_rock

Post by jason_rock »

Thanks Justice. I love to debate and I take nothing personally, especially when I know you are speaking out of passion and the best for the city, not your ego. One day, we will meet and I would love to have coffee and talk solutions.

Regards
Jason

Return to “Kelowna”