Kelowna City Council

BoB76
Guru

Kelowna City Council

Post by BoB76 »

So being as close to election time as it is I have to wonder if council should be allowed to make big decisions. This goes for any city council and it's Mayor. I think that they can easily vote for something just in spite as they know they won't be re-elected. The downtown redevelopment thing is what comes to my mind. Maybe only small decisions should be allowed. Like how to decrease the paycheck of our Mayor.

Am I just crazy or does anyone else agree with me on this one. It would be nice to have a BoB76 follower at some point!!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
mott.hoople
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kelowna City Council

Post by mott.hoople »

Everything that was said and decided at last night's Council Meeting was geared towards their own agenda of getting re-elected.

The downtown development issue should have been left alone. Only reason it came up was the Mayor is trying to look like a leader and failed.

As for the Simpson matter - once again they were all trying to cover their azzes. Not one of them should be even considered for voting for.
These high thread count sheets feel amazing on my naked skin. Oh Oh... Here comes the Zellers manager. I wonder what she wants?
strikes&gutters
Board Meister

Re: Kelowna City Council

Post by strikes&gutters »

It is interesting that the downtown Comprehensive Development plan will not be back at Council for final approval until AFTER the election.

If history holds true, and all incumbents are re-elected, then the No's (Hobson, Rule, and Shepherd) are ahead of the Yes's (Given, Blanleil) by a score of 3-2

Return to “Kelowna”