Rosalind Neis - Council Candidate

skiya

Re: Rosalind Neis - Council Candidate

Post by skiya »

Rosalind has done a very good job as mayor and we need more people like her in politics. Real poeple who care about their community, joining Kelowna was the logical thing and she put that idea forth. Unfortunately too many people on the Westside thought with their hearts and here we are electing a mayor and council we do not need and spending money duplicating services we could have gotten from 11 km away. Oh well thanks Rosalind for doing you're best.
Moogles

Post by Moogles »

Rosalind Neis has my vote.

Ms Neis has shown that she takes the issues before council seriously. I have attended quite a few of the council meetings and find that she takes the time to look into the issue, weighs the options and votes with a conscience. I only wish there were more people in politics like her.
oldal

Post by oldal »

Unfortunately I live outside the jurisdiction and can't vote for her. However I can wish her well. Perhaps in three years west side voters will be ready for a change and she can take another run at the mayor's job. As has been pointed out, she is badly needed.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

rturner wrote:
Elektrik_Sky wrote:
rturner wrote:*do not speculate or discuss where other members might live/Jo*

But it otherwise always jars me when I read your stuff to think that you don't live within our area, in terms of legal jurisdiction. Pity.
As I live about 2 minutes from downtown Westbank, I feel as though I AM a part of Westbank. (I am not native BTW)
We work here, shop here, kids go to school here. I am sad to hear that people who were lucky enough to be able to buy a house on freehold land, feel that those of us who lease land are not citizens of this community.Thanks, I shall have to remember to learn my place in this society.

My point, removed by the monitor, was that it's too bad that Elektrik Sky can't participate in Westside votes and all, because he/she is so keen about what's going on here.

Everybody is pretty sensitive about things on these threads, but when the mods make a change the meaning often gets obscured... so people have to realize that...

A mod (not Jo) changed one of my posts when I was checking up Angusog, and made it look like I was praising him... I was horrified of course.

Having read Rob's good things to say about Sky before, I knew immediately what Rob was saying in respect to his wishing Sky could vote as she has a good perspective of things affecting Westside in general.

OR.... perhaps Sky was expressing disappointment in the mod for removing her place of residence...

In any case I hope Sky is still posting... I enjoy the posts....
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Bestside wrote:A mod (not Jo) changed one of my posts when I was checking up Angusog, and made it look like I was praising him... I was horrified of course.

That is an occasional but inadvertent side-effect of editing instead of just deleting the whole post, unfortunately.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Yes, I am still here...LOL Can't get rid of me that easily! :sillygrin:

I did not get to see the post before it was edited so I took it the wrong way and pounced! But all is well now so....
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

When our sewer went in a few years ago, it was a major impact on our household budget.

I hope the people who are being impacted by this sewer project and costs realize that it is because of Mayor Neis that their costs have come down.

And it is because of the rest of the council (Findlater, Milsom, Ophus, Zanon, Knowles) that the costs are not coming down further.

One lone voice who speaks for the taxpayer and the average Joe (the plumber) is not enough on that council.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

But...but ... she is the dissenter! She causes all the problems. Everyone else gets along. :200:

The council should be ashamed that they took no action with the Mayor on this sewer issue.
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

In reality, the decisions that Rosalind has made have been the best decisions and the right decisions. She's not there to "get along" with the clicky old boys club, she is there to be our voice and do and say what is necessary. She works out front for us and not behind closed doors in a "clubhouse"...she is honest, fair and transparent! We need voices like Rosalind, Joe, Marc and Bryden who will not be hooked in by Findlater as Ophus, Milsom, Zanon and Knowles were! I hope people will really give it some thought before election day.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

chrschar wrote:In reality, the decisions that Rosalind has made have been the best decisions and the right decisions. She's not there to "get along" with the clicky old boys club, she is there to be our voice and do and say what is necessary. She works out front for us and not behind closed doors in a "clubhouse"...she is honest, fair and transparent! We need voices like Rosalind, Joe, Marc and Bryden who will not be hooked in by Findlater as Ophus, Milsom, Zanon and Knowles were! I hope people will really give it some thought before election day.

I sure hope so, too.
I just believe that if Findlater gets mayor, and his cronies get in council....we are headed for trouble.

*keeping fingers crossed*
eaks

Post by eaks »

I really believe Ms. Neis has done a great job as our first Mayor . She stood above the rest. I think some members of council would vote against absolutly any thing that she backed, just in spite. I will vote for her as council member. Can't say I trust Mr. Findlater though, so I probaply won't vote for him.
Bartlett

Post by Bartlett »

I had the chance to see Rosalind Neis in action at the last RDCO meeting. This woman actually asks the questions, actually questions the presenters, actually does her job! I am not in your voting area but I think it is such a shame that she is not running for Mayor again! If you didn't know how much she stood up for voters...well you do now. She is on your side.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

While I suspect that Rosalind may top the polls, and while I expect to be voting for her, let us not award sainthood to her just yet. She's been all over the map in terms of political philosophy, due undoubtedly to her political rookiness (to wit, her approval of a right-wing, regressionist "flat tax" approach to 2008 property taxes while the "Fab 5" took a progressive stance) while being the most if not the only "anti-development" member of council.

And, if she'd been more experienced, she probably could have engaged some or all of the "Fab 5" in the direction of good compromise on things like the naming debacle.

She voted in favour of taking the land for the so-called hospital out of the ALR, which I find to be reprehensible, and she is totally unrepentant on the naming issue in terms of it being rushed. She stated point blank during the September 30 council debate that she did not agree with people who were saying that the naming decision was rushed, but rather agreed with the Fab 5 that it needs to be resolved NOW rather than researched and analyzed more fully.

She's good, she's one of what we need, but she's not perfect, and she too will need to have her feet kept close to the fire from time to time.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

I've just been perusing the Capital News and I came across an article...The Opinion page "Our View"

"It was the zinger of the night. At last week's all candidates meeting for council candidates, incumbent Mayor Rosalind Neis,....,couldn't resist one last swipe at her council colleagues. In explaining why voters should vote for her, Neis said she will be the kind of councillor she would have liked to have had as mayor."

:nyah: Right On! I just love her. :discodance:
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

Of course she will, they all will ,and nobody is saying she's perfect (at least I don't think so). BUT...she definitely is the best out of the bunch that were on council.

rturner...Can you please remind me about "taking the land out of the ALR" for the 'hospital'? Which piece of land was this referring to? Thanks for your sharing your knowledge...sometimes it's easier to ask you than spend a great deal of time researching it myself!

Return to “Westside”