Westside Naming Referendum

User avatar
angusog
Übergod
Posts: 1141
Joined: Jun 17th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by angusog »

angusog wrote:
canadman wrote: Funny how West Kelowna advocates never got petitions together...

You seem to forget the Mary Mandarino poll canadman which could not accept incorporation and doesn't she plan on continuing that lost cause in the future if she is elected now? Isn't she one of your West Kelowna advocates just like Reg Forrest who stated his preference tonight? We don't think it's funny though, just pathetic. IMO. :smt023
User avatar
Crying-Angel
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4798
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2006, 8:35 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Crying-Angel »

Actually, from the choices "they" have given us....I would personally vote for Okanagan Hills.

I know that people are advocating to change their votes so that the name they don't want doesn't get chosen.
I myself, believe in voting for what I think is right. It may not win the day, but at least I would have taken the chance to make my voice heard. If I backed down from what I truly thought was right, then I have allowed others to compromise my integrity as a person. :smt087
Sometimes the thoughts in
my head actually get out...

This is rarely a good thing
User avatar
Bestside
Guru
Posts: 5897
Joined: Apr 29th, 2007, 1:03 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Bestside »

Elektrik_Sky wrote:Actually, from the choices "they" have given us....I would personally vote for Okanagan Hills.

I know that people are advocating to change their votes so that the name they don't want doesn't get chosen.
I myself, believe in voting for what I think is right. It may not win the day, but at least I would have taken the chance to make my voice heard. If I backed down from what I truly thought was right, then I have allowed others to compromise my integrity as a person. :smt087

So true Elektrik_Sky... I said sometime ago... be careful what you wish for...
now these people are setting themselves up to lose their integrity.. and any chance for identity.

What we could have had... with reasoned response, good discussion, understanding others points of view, void of cons and deceit, truthfulness, transparency, and a little compromise. We could have had a good unifying name...

Who the hell are these people.. I have never lost more respect for so many people in such a short time in my life... God almighty what a bunch...
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
User avatar
angusog
Übergod
Posts: 1141
Joined: Jun 17th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by angusog »

Bestside wrote:
Elektrik_Sky wrote:Actually, from the choices "they" have given us....I would personally vote for Okanagan Hills.

I know that people are advocating to change their votes so that the name they don't want doesn't get chosen.
I myself, believe in voting for what I think is right. It may not win the day, but at least I would have taken the chance to make my voice heard. If I backed down from what I truly thought was right, then I have allowed others to compromise my integrity as a person. :smt087

So true Elektrik_Sky... I said sometime ago... be careful what you wish for...
now these people are setting themselves up to lose their integrity.. and any chance for identity.

What we could have had... with reasoned response, good discussion, understanding others points of view, void of cons and deceit, truthfulness, transparency, and a little compromise. We could have had a good unifying name...

Who the hell are these people.. I have never lost more respect for so many people in such a short time in my life... God almighty what a bunch...


There goes that moral equivalence again. Bestside claims the high ground and questions the integrity of his opponents! Stops short of the canadman histrionics but in the same vein just as theatrical. Integrity is something they know precious little about IMO. The choices we are given are the same for both sides! :smt023
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2337
Joined: Jul 5th, 2007, 11:42 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Ranger66 »

“There goes that moral equivalence”

There is no moral equivalence, Bestside can claim the high ground because you gave it to him
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
User avatar
angusog
Übergod
Posts: 1141
Joined: Jun 17th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by angusog »

Ranger66 wrote:“There goes that moral equivalence”

There is no moral equivalence, Bestside can claim the high ground because you gave it to him


Your prevarication ranger only serves to highlight your tenuous position! There will be no negotiation on this matter as it will be decided soon by democratic means despite your committee's efforts to influence the outcome. :smt023
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2337
Joined: Jul 5th, 2007, 11:42 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Ranger66 »

Your Prevarication

You suggest that only West bankers have the right to go behind the scenes and manipulate Westside councilors into giving up their integrity so a small percent of the population can cheat the majority
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
brightstar
Fledgling
Posts: 128
Joined: Oct 9th, 2008, 9:53 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by brightstar »

I VOTED TODAY (ADVANCE POLL) @ LAKEVIEW HEIGHTS BAPTIST CHURCH. I VOTED FOR WEST KELOWNA AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
angusog
Übergod
Posts: 1141
Joined: Jun 17th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by angusog »

Ranger66 wrote:Your Prevarication

You suggest that only West bankers have the right to go behind the scenes and manipulate Westside councilors into giving up their integrity so a small percent of the population can cheat the majority


I suggest nothing of the kind ranger. Westbankers had nothing to do with the councilors decision as you well know and we are the majority as you will find out directly! :smt023
User avatar
angusog
Übergod
Posts: 1141
Joined: Jun 17th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by angusog »

brightstar wrote:I VOTED TODAY (ADVANCE POLL) @ LAKEVIEW HEIGHTS BAPTIST CHURCH. I VOTED FOR WEST KELOWNA AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!


I voted at Pringle today and I feel confident Westbank will be the majority choice! :smt023
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2337
Joined: Jul 5th, 2007, 11:42 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Ranger66 »

“Westbankers had nothing to do with the councilors decision”

Only a fool or a liar would say that.IMO.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Reg Forrest
Posts: 16
Joined: Jun 18th, 2007, 9:15 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Reg Forrest »

Just a reminder regarding the views of the highly repected Westbank First Nations Chief Robert Louie :
In the September 10th, 2008 issue of Capital News the Westside Reporter Jason Luciw reported verbatum the views of Chief Louie on the Westside naming issue :

"WEST KELOWNA - that should be the new name for Westside District Municipality"

"My own personal views come more from looking at a world persective, back at the Okanagan " the chief commented "and having WEST KELOWNA as a name, I think makes really good sense"

"On the world stage , the WEST KELOWNA name would best identify and benefit the community.

Westsiders and Westbank First Nation - we're in this together -
WEST KELOWNA - it's where we live !

I've just recorded my vote today - for WEST KELOWNA - it's where I live.
User avatar
Crying-Angel
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4798
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2006, 8:35 am

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by Crying-Angel »

Even I received a pamphlet from the "Vote Westbank" promoters. :200:
Sometimes the thoughts in
my head actually get out...

This is rarely a good thing
User avatar
hereiamagain
Übergod
Posts: 1254
Joined: Aug 13th, 2007, 8:24 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by hereiamagain »

Sky, at your home on WFN land?
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Re: Westside Naming Referendum

Post by occasional thoughts »

I guess Reg Forrest is boycotting the Westside Weekly because I reported Chief Louie's opinions on naming a month or so earlier than JL of the CN.

On another note, I seem of often agree on things with Bestside. But really, Bestside, Okanagan Hills. What's the first word you think of juxtaposing with Okanagan? Lake, right? Next? Valley, right? Hills and Okanagan don't go together in mosgt people's minds. Further, just look at our hills. Development has destroyed most of them. The hills inside the Westside boundaries are a major embarassment. The tops are blasted flat, the trees were nuked, the natural terrain and topography is obliterated.

Return to “Westside”