Doug Findlater - Mayoral Candidate

Bestside
Guru

Re: Doug Findlater - Mayoral Candidate

Post by Bestside »

GlenCanyon wrote:You got my vote Doug, if you know where I live please put a sign on my lawn if you wish to.

Good luck.

This post previously advised Doug he could ask Duane where he could find where you lived.
I hope Doug seen that.
Or is the sign up and no problem?
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
waterskirick

Post by waterskirick »

I've sent this to all candidates. A yes or no answer will do.

I'd like to vote for someone with a little spine. Our mayor has stated (unlike all other cadidates) that she will only support a new name that has shown more than 50% support from the whole community. A new name will not help unify us if it only has 30% or 35% support. We need a majority, and if we don't get that, then some kind of run off until we do.

So far I have only one candidate to vote for, Neis for councillor. I'll vote for others only if they show leadership and commit to a 50 + 1% requirement for a new name. Will you commit to this?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Waterskirick, just a quick question. When the naming committee proposed a ballot with no majority required and no run-off did you favour their proposal or were you opposed to their ballot proposal? I only ask because I was always in favour of a run-off but many of those who argued against me were in favour of the naming committee's ballot. Many of those who supported that ballot are now demanding a "majority" decision on the 15th. Where do you stand on all of this? Just curious.
westsideobserver

Post by westsideobserver »

I've been to a couple of meetings of the Westside Council. It was interesting to see the influence that Mr. Findlater had with Council. Every direction that he took was followed by the other Councilors with the exception of Mayor Neis and Mr. Knowles. They were the only ones with the guts to go contrary to Mr. Findlater. That kind of power is scary in any kind of government.
Mr. Findlater won't be getting my vote.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Doug Findlater has the knowledge, experience, and grasp of the issues that are needed in our municipality. I've had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions and have been impressed with him as a person. My wife and I look forward to voting for him next Saturday.
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

Doug Findlater says he is a team player. Who's team is he on? He doesnt seem to be on the team for the electorate, that is for sure.
Doug Findlater says a lot of good things. But we have seen from the past year what exactly he is all about. I wouldnt vote for him even if he was just running for councillor again. I hope he is voted out, so we can get on with COMMUNITY in this community.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
brightstar
Fledgling

Post by brightstar »

Well, it won't be long before Mayor Elect Findlater has to make some decisions. If he attempts to not accept West Kelowna as the new name for our community, then we know he is a fraud. All eyes are on him even more so now. This is his chance to show us what he's made of...we want an honest, fair leader...he absolutely must accept the results...any further manipulation will not be tolerated.

Return to “Westside”