David Knowles - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

David Knowles - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for David Knowles, council candidate.
JVD3741

Re: David Knowles - Council Candidate

Post by JVD3741 »

I am surprised that there quite a few "candidate hopefulls" with nothing much to say, including Mr Knowels. That has not been one candidate doing any door knocking on our street.

J. Danner
Pettman Rd
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

He doesnt think he has to I guess. Whatever his keywords are on his sign, just add the thoughts "I'm doing this for me, not for you", and I think you will get it.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Election after election David has been the only candidate who knows my sub division and comes by for a chat. He shows me and others great respect. He knocks just on my door but the doors of all my neighbours. I will be happy to vote for him yet again. In last night's debate he spoke with clarity, knowledge and understanding. He is always polite and listens carefully and for me that is pretty good. Good luck David.
doorknocker

Post by doorknocker »

to the resident of Glen Canyon

Not to take anything away from Mr Knowles, but this election I have personally knocked (not just left a brochure or had staff leave one for me) on more the 2700 doors so far, including all the doors in the Glen Canyon subdivision where you live. It would have been in the second week of September.

Please give credit where credit is do.

Cheers,

Marc Greenberg
2008 Candidate for Westside Council
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Mr. Greenburg you are correct you did door knock my sub division and I say kudos to you. You certainly have shown us respect

Most people do not even know where we are. I was making a point regarding Mr. Knowles and the respect he has shown to the area I live in and that he does door knock. I will make the point again.

In the past I have spoken to Mr. Knowles regarding some or other issue in our area and he has always been kind and active in helping the situation. I respect his 30 years of service to our community.

To Mr. Greenburg you could do yourself no better then following David's lead and leadership. To him I will add the leadership of Carol, Gord and Duane all who have been excellent. If you can show me you can bring their dedication and compassion to council then you will earn my vote. Sorry but using comments left for Mr. Knowles for your purpose I have to admit it is a little spooky. :127: See you after halloween at the next all candidate's meeting.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Still missed you. Got my vote.
Moogles

Post by Moogles »

Mr. Knowles has my vote!

During an application for re-zoning in our area, Mr. Knowles did his homework and asked pertinent questions of the developer which showed that he had in fact done the legwork on this issue. We are thankful to those councilors who were not in the pocket of the developer nor mislead by CORD and showed a common sense approach as to how we would like to see our community take shape.

:sunshine:
parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by parachute »

Moogles, if I were you I would not be so all-fired happy with what some of the old-guard councilors say at a public hearing. That is the time when they shine at making political mileage. They have had lots of practice!

However, when crunch time comes, i.e., when 3rd reading of the bylaw comes before council, perhaps a month after the public hearing, then the actual decision of those old-guard guys might not be what you would like or what you might expect.

Best wishes and good luck.
waterskirick

Post by waterskirick »

I've sent this to all candidates. A yes or no answer will do.

I'd like to vote for someone with a little spine. Our mayor has stated (unlike all other cadidates) that she will only support a new name that has shown more than 50% support from the whole community. A new name will not help unify us if it only has 30% or 35% support. We need a majority, and if we don't get that, then some kind of run off until we do.

So far I have only one candidate to vote for, Neis for councillor. I'll vote for others only if they show leadership and commit to a 50 + 1% requirement for a new name. Will you commit to this?
p2malone

Post by p2malone »

Hello, I am undecided about which candidates to vote for in the upcoming election, so I am sending out a question for all. We have lived here just a short time (8 months) and my family and I are horrified with the amount of crime and drugs that Kelowna /Westside has. Both places are getting a very bad reputation for high criminal activity and I strongly believe that something needs to be done about it. The name of the Westside does not have very much importance when the world is referring to it as Crack Alley, Drug City, Meth. Meadows, etc...... These are just a few names that I have heard in other provinces, when referring to Kelowna and the Westside. My question.......if you are voted in will you support a increase in policing? Thank you in advance.
desert_lake

Post by desert_lake »

waterskirick wrote:I'd like to vote for someone with a little spine. Our mayor has stated (unlike all other cadidates) that she will only support a new name that has shown more than 50% support from the whole community. A new name will not help unify us if it only has 30% or 35% support. We need a majority, and if we don't get that, then some kind of run off until we do.

I second everything that you've said Waterskirick.

And yes, I also believe the name has to have a true majority
of support or it will just be devisive.
westsideobserver

Post by westsideobserver »

In my preparation for this vote I've followed Council minutes and attended a couple of Council meetings. Of all of the Councilors I've observed, Mr. Knowles is the only one that I'm aware of who has taken the time to drive through neighborhoods and familiarize himself with the issues at the grassroots level. He has my vote.

Return to “Westside”