Jim Dixon - Council Candidate

Jo
Slot 16

Jim Dixon - Council Candidate

Post by Jo »

A thread for Jim Dixon, council candidate.
Bestside
Guru

Re: Jim Dixon - Council Candidate

Post by Bestside »

What are you going to do for us Mr. Dixon? :sunshine:
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
hereiamagain
Übergod

Post by hereiamagain »

I understand that Jim Dixon is in bed with Doug Findlater. I dont remember him speaking out against the exclusionary "non-council" meetings.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Do you sometimes go by the name of Thomas Pierce?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I thought guessing name games and releasing personal information was against the rules. I'm more interested in what Jim Dixon has to contribute.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by parachute »

Jim Dixon was one of the instigators for the american based petition-on-line requesting Neis to resign way back in december 2007 ..... but so were some others.

Has he changed his mind about Neis since last year?

Is he still in favor of protesting the results (if he does not like them) of legitimate Westside elections?
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I'm very interested to know if Jim Dixon uses aliases such as Thomas Pierce. Thomas Pierce has nothing to do with Castanet pseudonyms; Thomas Pierce was the person who did not exist who cheered criminal damage to billboards on www.notok.ca and in letters to Kelowna's mayor and Westside council and the Westbank CoC.
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Missed you at last night's all candidates meeting. I understand you are very sick. Hope you are better soon. Good luck.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

There is an old saying '"never p.o. a man with a gallon of ink." or something to that effect - meaning, never irk the ire of a newspaper writer. But, enough is enough. Mr. Turner, you seem heck-bent on using the wild assumption that I am this Mr. Pierce - so far to discredit me, and have been doing so for quite some time.

Mr. Turner, I have had several people tell me of your strong suspicions. Instead using your position and pen to spread rumors, and if, as you say you are "very interested to know if Jim Dixon uses aliases such as Thomas Pierce" why not do what a reporter would normally do under the circumstances and ask me yourself? My number is published all over the place - it's not like you can't contact me - but for your convenience - 250-769-5080

Now on to the post by parachute on Oct 20th, 2008, 6:29 pm that claims "...Jim Dixon was one of the instigators for the american based petition-on-line requesting Neis to resign..." Nothing could be further from the truth. You have made an outright claim that is totally false - in some circles, it's called a lie. Why would you make up something like that - unless you are really that fellow that saw terrorists behind every letter to the editor. (dear readers - you just had to be there)

And in response to hereiamagain post on Oct 20th, 2008, 6:03 pm said "I understand that Jim Dixon is in bed with Doug Findlater."

Yes - I know Doug - I was elected to the Governance Study committee and stayed the full 4 years with Doug at the Chair. Since the Governance Committee disbanded, he and I have had one conversation and it was personal and none of anyone's business. Other than that, while I admire Doug's ability to manage large meetings, act professionally as a Chair, organize information and his diplomatic ability, I have challenged his authority and position on several occasions and would hold his feet to the fire and make certain, as I always have, that he adhere to a open and fair democratic process, and follow the rules and not bend them.

I was astonished as council disregarded the naming committee and drove a wedge again between our communities. It would not have happened were I on council.

Just because I wasn't "speaking out against the exclusionary "non-council" meetings." as you mis-associate, doesn't mean I am "in bed" with any one. What an awful thing to do - trying to discredit someone for something they had nothing to do with.

Finally, prior to the last election, more like another referendum than an election, I had spent four years on the Governance Committee, Liquid Waste Management, Solid Waste Management, Storm Water and water Quality Management committees. I would receive material, read it, study it, ask questions, research and discuss the data and then go to the next meeting informed - unlike some.

I was very busy and gave it my all. After the election, I decided to take some time off and spend it with my family and friends. However, I did, and have, kept up with the issues. I did end up as a volunteer on another committee - the Westside Public Support Organization, whose main goal right now is to get the ground floor work started on a hospital by getting a 24/7 emergency centre and full time ambulance service on the Westside. Why? Because people on the committee convinced me that in time, not too far down the road, we will need a full service hospital over here. But we realize it's too early for a full blown hospital, but we are overdue for a emergency centre. That, is where I have been.

As for bestside's question, what I will do? All of that is coming soon. I apologize for the delay.

Jim - you have my number.
parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by parachute »

Dear Mr. Dixon,

on http://www.petitiononline.com/west2007/petition.html
I see:

5. Jim Dixon
4. ron1 sloan
3. Matthew Phillips
2. D Hogg
1. cheri shusheski

If that Jim Dixon is not you then I apologize.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

parachute wrote:Dear Mr. Dixon,
on http://www.petitiononline.com/west2007/petition.html
I see:

5. Jim Dixon
4. ron1 sloan
3. Matthew Phillips
2. D Hogg
1. cheri shusheski

If that Jim Dixon is not you then I apologize.

First, you've backed up here. Originally, you claimed I was one of the "instigators for the american based petition-on-line...." Again, I had nothing to do with that web site poll (American or otherwise) and I wish you two would stop your association by default.

And, have I changed my mind about Neis? No.

parachute wrote:Is he still in favor of protesting the results (if he does not like them) of legitimate Westside elections?

I never protested the results. I accepted them and moved on. In fact, I was the first from the Governance Committee to respond to the question as to which I thought was the best and after four years of study and much gut wrenching, I opted for incorporation. So to insinuate I favoured protesting the results is just wrong.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
parachute
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by parachute »

Dear Mr. Dixon

Is the #5. Jim Dixon listed on the "petitiononline" you or is it someone else?
GlenCanyon

Post by GlenCanyon »

Saw you last night at the meeting. You crack a couple good jokes but never broke out of the pack.

Good luck
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

GlenCanyon wrote:Saw you last night at the meeting. You crack a couple good jokes but never broke out of the pack.

Good luck

Not sure if that is a complaint or not - but glad you could make it. When I looked around I saw a lot of familiar faces - camp supporters, then there were the ones that show up at open houses, public forums - and such, and then there were a lot I just didn't recognize at all which I hope shows that more people are getting interested and involved.

The questions, though they came from the audience, were what could be expected. I concur with others that candidates should have been allowed to respond to another's question. And one I would like to have heard was "who are your top two biggest campaign contributors?" Knowing where people's money comes from tells you who they are beholding to. But that might be telling :)

Be good.
Jim
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

So

"who are your top two biggest campaign contributors?"
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished

Return to “Westside”