Peachland council - General discussion

ILovePeachland

Re: Peachland council - General discussion

Post by ILovePeachland »

I just read the Westside Weekly and the article on the local candidates in their "own words". Again and again, Mr. Fielding uses the phrase "sustainable development" but never defines his interpretation of what sustainable development is. We know from his past rantings in the Peachland Signal and later the Peachland View that he is opposed to structures over 4 stories but he has now come out in favour of a seniors comples with 6 stories. His comments on the question of holding taxation at current levels is very ambiguous to say the least. He sounds like a typical evasive politician. Say a lot but say nothing of substance. His comments are not sustainable to the questions.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

I'd be more than happy voting for someone that doesn't have 'progress' all over their agenda. All we have had for the last few years is so-called 'progress', but sadly no-one thought of the infrastructure/resources required to sustain said 'progress'. I say put a cap on development, aka 'progress', (other than like for like) and concentrate on pegging the population at 4,800. Who knows, infrastructure and demographics to match that population might be achieved in 5 years or so. What a sweet town Peachland would be, again?
ogleby
Fledgling

Post by ogleby »

Well, I'm willing to bet that not one of the anti-progress, anti-development people who moved here eight years ago bought a one-hundred-year-old log cabin in a wheat field. Bet they don't ride horses down to the general store nor hang out at the packing house of a Sunday afternoon, either.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Meaning?
I would rather see infrastructure catch up with the development that has gone on in the last few years, that's all. For a town that has hosepipe bans almost every year, and scant few sidewalks to safely get from A to B, I'd say we could afford to just wait a few years more.
Churchhawk

Post by Churchhawk »

It is 11.30 pm on election night. Does anyone know who was elected in Peachland???
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

The results have not been released yet.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Churchhawk

Post by Churchhawk »

Will we know tonight or has everyone gone to bed? Are they still counting ballots?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

The results will be sent out as soon as they are done.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Churchhawk

Post by Churchhawk »

writerdave wrote:The results will be sent out as soon as they are done.

Thanks, writerdave.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Return to “Peachland”