Penticton Mayoral - General Discussion

David
Castanet Forum Founder

Penticton Mayoral - General Discussion

Post by David »

This thread is for general discussion of Penticon's Mayoral candidates.

You may discuss specific candidates in detail in the thread dedicated to that candidate.
David Fowler
penticton23

Re: Penticton Mayoral - General Discussion

Post by penticton23 »

It would be nice to Dan Ashton take the mayoral chair. Dan has earned his stripes through decades in the family business, a term or two on city council and chairing the RDOS.

Jake is one helluva nice guy, but has past his use by date IMO. Penticton needs new blood in the mayor's chair.

My fear is that the seniors and union supporters (the most organised voters) will be out in full force behind Jake, the apathetic others will not turn out in full force behind Dan.
Cyclist

Post by Cyclist »

I see Leaman as a positive vote. We need strong leadership and tighter control on city spending. the dollars needed to run the city beauracracy is out of control and is our fastest growing industry. It is way out in front of population growth. It is a good cross section of canditates and we all need to get out and vote..
Greg101

Post by Greg101 »

Cyclist wrote:I see Leaman as a positive vote. We need strong leadership and tighter control on city spending. the dollars needed to run the city beauracracy is out of control and is our fastest growing industry. It is way out in front of population growth. It is a good cross section of canditates and we all need to get out and vote..

Wasn't it Leaman who wanted to ban all traffic on Lakeshore Dr. when he was last elected to council? I seem to remember other similar enthusiasms.
downtowner

Dan? Seriously?

Post by downtowner »

I have known Dan Aston for many years. He is an very, very nice man. Dan is not a leader, and struggles with decisions. He shies away from controversy. Maybe because he is such a gentleman. His leadership downtown, at the Regional District, and at the front line of the City hall has been weak. He makes bizarre comments like "dispensing governance". Dan talks of thirty years of business knowledge like knowledge a factor of time. Dan's leadership led his family's clothing chain to closure. Is he running for higher office because he needs a job? Dan is sincere and has good intentions. Is that enough to lead our city through the challenges ahead? I like Dan, but think we can do better.

Return to “Penticton”