Climate change is job 1

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Cactusflower
Banned

Climate change is job 1

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/212136 ... e-is-Job-1

I haven't heard the entire speech, but if Inslee's serious about climate change, why didn't he include the KM expansion project? And did he even mention the hundreds of Atlantic salmon that escaped into our shared waters, or the aquaculture feed bags that wash up on our islands? I cant imagine their practices are any different in WA State.

I get the feeling that the only reason he came up here was to promote that high-speed transportation project between Seattle and Vancouver.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Climate change is job 1

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I was glad that he didn't mention KM as he would have sounded like a complete person.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Climate change does NOT rest entirely upon Canada's shoulders.
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

alanjh595 wrote:Climate change does NOT rest entirely upon Canada's shoulders.

or anyone's shoulders. The climate is always changing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Climate change does NOT rest entirely upon Canada's shoulders.

or anyone's shoulders. The climate is always changing.

That is correct!
Bring back the LIKE button.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

People are dying in unprecedented numbers from the opioid crisis. People are homeless. People are struggling with hospital wait times. But for Horgan, a fairy tale is job 1. It's understandable, though, as he's mentally incapable of doing anything about what really matters, so he's reverting to pimping a fallacy because he can't be judged on outcomes beyond anyone's control.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I actually seen and experienced climate change today............it was called rain............and yesterday it wasn't raining. So the "chicken littles" are correct in using the words climate change. How stupid of us "deniers" who have a reasoning ability. Now all of you Suzuki/Gore types............ :cuss: :cuss: !
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I should have known better than to post that headline. The term 'climate change' always brings all the dinosaurs out of the woodwork.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

It also brings out the kool-aid drinkers.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

JagXKR wrote:It also brings out the kool-aid drinkers.

Would that be the BC Liberal kool-aid drinkers, or the Justin Trudeau Liberal kool-aid drinkers? They both say they're worried about human-accelerated climate change but have no intention of doing anything that might slow it down.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

lesliepaul wrote:I actually seen and experienced climate change today............it was called rain............and yesterday it wasn't raining. So the "chicken littles" are correct in using the words climate change.

I think you’re confused about the difference between climate and weather.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I should have known better than to post that headline. The term 'climate change' always brings all the dinosaurs out of the woodwork.

Like who? Who's a dinosaur?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Would that be the BC Liberal kool-aid drinkers, or the Justin Trudeau Liberal kool-aid drinkers? They both say they're worried about human-accelerated climate change but have no intention of doing anything that might slow it down.

if "human-accelerated climate change" is ever proven to exist, and is an actual thing, there is nothing on earth that the tiny nation of Canada could do to "slow it down", whatever that even means. But that won't stop the enviro-lunatics from demanding that we destroy the economy and force everyone to freeze in the dark by adopting completely loony policies like the LEAP nutjobs want to implement.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Would that be the BC Liberal kool-aid drinkers, or the Justin Trudeau Liberal kool-aid drinkers? They both say they're worried about human-accelerated climate change but have no intention of doing anything that might slow it down.

if "human-accelerated climate change" is ever proven to exist, and is an actual thing, there is nothing on earth that the tiny nation of Canada could do to "slow it down", whatever that even means. But that won't stop the enviro-lunatics from demanding that we destroy the economy and force everyone to freeze in the dark by adopting completely loony policies like the LEAP nutjobs want to implement.

You've been attending too many UCP and CPC conventions. Human-accelerated climate change has been proven. Just because you, Kenney, and Scheer don't believe it, doesn't make it any less true.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Cactusflower wrote: Human-accelerated climate change has been proven.

No it hasn't.

All that's been proven is that carbon taxes are harmful to the economy and put even more children into poverty.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”