Climate change is job 1

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Climate change is job 1

Post by Glacier »

lesliepaul wrote:It appears some people do not understand Geothermal. You do not just throw down some pipe and get "instant cheap heating and cooling"..........I have Geothermal and it is not cheap to put in and add to that IT RUNS ON HYDRO!

There are many types of geothermal. You can have a geothermal heat pump that uses air from the outside, you could have a geothermal system that uses ground water, etc. but they require electricity to run. You could also generate electricity if you can find a spot where the earth's temperature is above 70 degrees C. This is almost impossible to find. The hot springs in the Kootenays would not work because they generated by radium (radioactive decay). The only place in BC that has been studied is Meager Creek west of Pemberton, and they've spent millions drilling down a couple of km to find the heat, but so far they have not been able to get to the stage where they can extract the energy viably. Maybe in 30 years they will have something. Even still, this will be a drop in the bucket in terms of what we need for power.

Cactusflower wrote:It's a given that hydro is in B.C.'s renewable energy portfolio. It's been there for more than half a century, but it's time to move on to newer technologies, don't you think?

Yes, and we are. Been on the Okanagan connector lately? Even still, there are no other clean sources that provide base power besides hydro. You cannot generate enough power by wind and solar to electrify the automobiles.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Cactusflower wrote:^^How much more proof do you need?
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

No disrespect to you, but NASA has been proven to be a liar.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

So have many YouTube videos.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Cactusflower wrote:
So have many YouTube videos.

Yes
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Because_They_Lie wrote:

In addition Cactusflower, I should have stated that I do not deny that the weather/climate has been and is changing or more appropriately is actively being manipulated and used to create what APPEARS TO BE "naturally occurring" weather/climate change.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:Yes, and we are. Been on the Okanagan connector lately? Even still, there are no other clean sources that provide base power besides hydro. You cannot generate enough power by wind and solar to electrify the automobiles.

One of the biggest lies that the Big Green agenda has been able to push successfully is that Wind and Solar are "green". They are anything but green. Just like electric cars. "Zero emissions" my butt. Did these cars just materialize out of thin air? Such a scam.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

Source?
What did they lie about?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.treehugger.com/clean-techno ... edule.html

This link was provided on another thread, but I think it has a place here as well. Of course, the usual suspects will call it a 'scam' because it doesn't fit their agenda.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/tesla-kills-duck-australia-45-days-ahead-schedule.html

This link was provided on another thread, but I think it has a place here as well. Of course, the usual suspects will call it a 'scam' because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Why would someone call this a scam? I don't get what you're saying.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Omnitheo wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:

Source?
What did they lie about?

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Climate Change is in the top three priorities of 13% of Canadians, meaning it is probably the top priority of 4% of Canadians. If government wants to make climate change their #1 priority then they are not representing 96% of the population and have their own taxation agenda.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2366032/climate-change-a-low-priority-for-most-canadians-poll/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Jlabute wrote:Climate Change is in the top three priorities of 13% of Canadians, meaning it is probably the top priority of 4% of Canadians. If government wants to make climate change their #1 priority then they are not representing 96% of the population and have their own taxation agenda.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2366032/climate-change-a-low-priority-for-most-canadians-poll/

It appears to me that you didn't read the whole article. Those who did would likely rate climate change and education among their top priorities.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

When presented with a long list of policy issues, only 13 per cent of Canadians chose climate change as one of their top three worries, according to an Ipsos poll provided exclusively to Global News. Forty per cent of Canadians chose health care, and 39 per cent chose unemployment. Climate change even ranked below crime and education.

Capture.JPG

https://globalnews.ca/news/2366032/clim ... ians-poll/
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
It appears to me that you didn't read the whole article. Those who did would likely rate climate change and education among their top priorities.

who cares if it is a "priority"? What does this even mean? If you really wanted to make it a "priority", for the sole reason for virtue signaling to like-minded lunatics, that's great, but what is the cost/benefit of forcing 35 million people to suffer by adopting enviro-nut policies and insane taxation? What is the point of it? Just for a warm feeling in your tummy? Is that it? So you can have a glow in your tummy? Is that glow worth billions spent for no gain to anyone? I don't think so.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:
Source?
What did they lie about?

Did you seriously just link me a flat earther video?

Omg there are graphical glitches in the video! Everything must be fake!
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”