More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by NAB »

Nicklan wrote:
Pinkie wrote:But that's my point Nab, if they're just sitting idle wouldn't it have been better to find SOME sort of use for them? Why is it that places like Nova Scotia and Hong Kong are using them, but we consider them to be no better than scrap metal? I'm missing something here.


The truth is they are using at least one during the 2010 games !

The liberals are the only folks that claimed the Fast Cats where no good, no one else has or will,

The Liberals have never told the truth and Never will

I don't have a problem with the truth, that is Gordo and the Liberals that have that problem.


Whether one gets used during the 2010 games or not is still not certain Nicklan, so don't try to assert that it is. Besides, what's 2 weeks of use compared to the costs associated with getting one of them mobile again?

As for the Liberals being the only ones who claimed the Fast Cats were no good, I think you have to do a bit more research in that regard too. In fact, the truth is that it is the customer who determined whether they were any good or not, and certainly there were many in former NDP Government ranks who were against them too, even knew they were becoming a disaster and likely to fail before they were even launched.

And as for your claim there are at least 100 ships like the Fast Cats operating around the world, how about pointing us to that list, particularly to ones that are identical in every respect and functioning in conditions such as the Strait of Georgia and the Islands on routes similar to BC Ferries operates on, floating logs and all.

Edit: And before you repeat that some sort of screening would prevent logs from being lodged in the propulsion intakes, I am less worried about that than one punching a hole in the hull and sending it to the bottom of the chuck before anyone could get out of those sealed up coffins to save themselves.

Nab
Last edited by NAB on Mar 23rd, 2009, 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Al Czervic »

Niclan

You overlook the fact that not all Fast Cats are built the same. Implying that they are all the same is as ludicrous as suggesting that you can expect the same kind of quality; reliability and resale from a Honda as you can expect from a Ford. Or in the case of boats that a Bayliner is built to the same standards as a Cobalt.

You miss the point that these Fast Cat Ferries were built overweight from the targeted design specification and as a result they could not achieve their targeted speeds and the engines were working at higher throttle levels where they became massively less fuel efficient. Less commercial and regular vehicle capacity combined with higher fuel costs and the speed advantage being negated by these lemons being built overweight made theses vessels economically unviable for BC Ferries.
Back with a vengeance
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Al Czervic »

Pinkie wrote:It's very difficult for the average lay person to sort out just who is telling the truth and who is not in arguments such as this. However, it does appear that those in favour of the Liberals position have more facts to back them up Nicklan. But that said, it also seems to me that it may not have been absolutely necessary for the Liberals to "throw the baby out with the bath water" by completely eliminating the fast cats. After all, if they're being used successfully in places such as Nova Scotia and Hong Kong, then surely a role could have been found for them here. Yes, it would appear that buying them was not the best decision, but once the mistake was made was it absolutely necessary to eliminate them altogether? I'm not so sure any more.


It really shouldn’t be so difficult to sort out who is being factual and honest and who is simply making it up as they go along. Rather; I always submit never take anyone’s word for being anything more than opinion.

Always take the time to do some research on your own and form your opinions and conclusions. In this case you will readily see that the vast majority of Nicklan’s outlandish claims are purely fabricated and have zero credibility to them
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by NAB »

A few more "truths"....

-Gordo and his Liberals came to power June 5, 2001.

-The last "fast" cat built was named in 2000, but not commissioned, during Ujjal Dosanjh Premiership with the NDP.

-the facts are that the Fast Cat program had already failed dismally BEFORE the Liberals came to power

-the two that did operate briefly were largely out of service during the last year of the previous NDP government

-and it was the NDP government under Provincial NDP Premier Ujjal Dosanjh (currently a federal Liberal MP) who put the Fast Cats up for sale, not Gordo or his government. The current Liberals under Gordo simply carried on with the already underway efforts to sell them.

What's the issue now... Is Carol Taylor going to promise to issue 10 Billion in bonds, and use some of any money raised (if any) to bring back the fast cats??? ;-)

Edit to add: And Nicklan, get it through your head that neither the government of BC, nor BC Ferries, owns the Fast Cats any more and they are history, ...an NDP produced history that cost the taxpayers of BC a lot of wasted money - and I doubt the taxpayers of BC want them back. But if you are so enthused about them just make an offer to the current owners they cannot refuse, put them into service privately, and see if you can avoid losing your shirt on the deal. I doubt you can, yet you seem to think BC taxpayers should. Even the previous NDP Government knew better at the end and decided to bail out of them - even as scrap if necessary.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Nicklan
Board Meister
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 18th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Nabcom wrote:A few more "truths"....

-Gordo and his Liberals came to power June 5, 2001.

-The last "fast" cat built was named in 2000, but not commissioned, during Ujjal Dosanjh Premiership with the NDP.

-the facts are that the Fast Cat program had already failed dismally BEFORE the Liberals came to power

-the two that did operate briefly were largely out of service during the last year of the previous NDP government

-and it was the NDP government under Provincial NDP Premier Ujjal Dosanjh (currently a federal Liberal MP) who put the Fast Cats up for sale, not Gordo or his government. The current Liberals under Gordo simply carried on with the already underway efforts to sell them.

What's the issue now... Is Carol Taylor going to promise to issue 10 Billion in bonds, and use some of any money raised (if any) to bring back the fast cats??? ;-)

Edit to add: And Nicklan, get it through your head that neither the government of BC, nor BC Ferries, owns the Fast Cats any more and they are history, ...an NDP produced history that cost the taxpayers of BC a lot of wasted money - and I doubt the taxpayers of BC want them back. But if you are so enthused about them just make an offer to the current owners they cannot refuse, put them into service privately, and see if you can avoid losing your shirt on the deal. I doubt you can, yet you seem to think BC taxpayers should. Even the previous NDP Government knew better at the end and decided to bail out of them - even as scrap if necessary.

Nab

Just because you are a idiot does not mean everyone else is
I suggest you go back to Gordo's Statements of the day, the fact remains it is pure polical bull you are a lieing Liberal who will stop at nothinf to try and spin the truth to make it look like some one else is responsable for the choices made by Gordo and You Liberal Lieing Gangsters!
It never fails the lies that come from you Liberal Gangsters.
You fear the truth so you do everything that you can to spin it !
We have been robbed enough by you CROOKs already and soon you will all be gone from Victoria and then the Truth will be known for REAL no matter what lies to state they are still Lies !
You Liberals are still thiefs that should be in JAIL CELLS not Government !
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35198
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Glacier »

Nicklan wrote:Just because you are a *bleep* does not mean everyone else is
I suggest you go back to Gordo's Statements of the day, the fact remains it is pure polical bull you are a lieing Liberal who will stop at nothinf to try and spin the truth to make it look like some one else is responsable for the choices made by Gordo and You Liberal Lieing Gangsters!
It never fails the lies that come from you Liberal Gangsters.

I am no fan of Campbell, and have never voted for him or his party, but if your crazy rhetoric keeps up I might have to.

If the NDP is as ill-informed as you are about recent history that really scares me. You know what they say, "those that forget history are destined to repeat it."

You are making a very good case for the NDP repeating the same mistakes as last time if they end up winning this election.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Nicklan
Board Meister
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 18th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Glacier wrote:
Nicklan wrote:Just because you are a *bleep* does not mean everyone else is
I suggest you go back to Gordo's Statements of the day, the fact remains it is pure polical bull you are a lieing Liberal who will stop at nothinf to try and spin the truth to make it look like some one else is responsable for the choices made by Gordo and You Liberal Lieing Gangsters!
It never fails the lies that come from you Liberal Gangsters.

I am no fan of Campbell, and have never voted for him or his party, but if your crazy rhetoric keeps up I might have to.

If the NDP is as ill-informed as you are about recent history that really scares me. You know what they say, "those that forget history are destined to repeat it."

You are making a very good case for the NDP repeating the same mistakes as last time if they end up winning this election.

So you people are believing the Liberal Liers and
Mark my words they are going to end up in Jail were they belong.
User avatar
Merry
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13915
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Merry »

Nicklan you really do need to learn to tone it down a bit if you want to get people to listen to your point of view. You're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you keep calling people liars and gangsters. Particularly someone as open minded as Nab, who strikes me as someone who is usually willing to listen to all sides of an argument before forming an opinion. Even when you don't agree with someone else, you should still respect their right to hold their opinion. Name calling gets you nowhere.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Nicklan
Board Meister
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 18th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Pinkie wrote:Nicklan you really do need to learn to tone it down a bit if you want to get people to listen to your point of view. You're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you keep calling people liars and gangsters. Particularly someone as open minded as Nab, who strikes me as someone who is usually willing to listen to all sides of an argument before forming an opinion. Even when you don't agree with someone else, you should still respect their right to hold their opinion. Name calling gets you nowhere.


If that is all it take to stir up the Liberal Gangsters and they lieing spin doctors, I have no problem with it at all as it is the truth, I don't care if the Liberals like it or not !

Like I said the day is going to come when they will be in the jail cells they deserve !
User avatar
Merry
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13915
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Merry »

I'm obviously wasting my breath.........
:sleepdeprived:
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Nicklan
Board Meister
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 18th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Pinkie wrote:I'm obviously wasting my breath.........
:sleepdeprived:


These are not my point of view,
But the Truth is the reality of this BUNCH OF GANGSTERS, that is what they are
While they pertend that everyone or anyone as an equal chance in British Columbia, that is not the TRUTH !
User avatar
Merry
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13915
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Merry »

Then PROVE its not the truth with a reasoned argument that is backed up with facts and figures. Just saying they're a load of liars and gangsters isn't sufficient to convince people. And then, when people DO try to discuss it with you, you're just shooting yourself in the foot if you start calling them names as well. People aren't going to just take your word for what you say, they are going to try to make the counter argument to see how you respond. If all you give as a response is a load of verbal abuse, you'll lose your argument every single time.
Last edited by Merry on Mar 23rd, 2009, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35198
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Glacier »

Nicklan wrote:So you people are believing the Liberal Liers and
Mark my words they are going to end up in Jail were they belong.

What is it with the left wing that feels that everyone the leans to right must be sent to jail? First Bush, then Harper, now Campbell. There are many countries around the world that do put their political dissents in jail. I don't think we want to slide down that slope.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Nicklan
Board Meister
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 18th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Nicklan »

Glacier wrote:
Nicklan wrote:So you people are believing the Liberal Liers and
Mark my words they are going to end up in Jail were they belong.

What is it with the left wing that feels that everyone the leans to right must be sent to jail? First Bush, then Harper, now Campbell.

Actully I am a Tory and have been sence I was a teenager
I support Harper and believe he is Honnest unlike the Liberals

I would like to note the story in the March addition of Global Finance about Oboma and the fact he intends to re open the Nafta agreement,

I would also like to note that today in the US press it is stated that the American Company Suncor has bought Petro Canada for 19 billion dollars, yet in the Canadian Press Petro Canada has claimed an amalgamation, I think it is more likely the American Press has it correct as it is the American Regulators they are conserned with !
User avatar
Merry
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13915
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: More NDP Lunacy. $ 10 Billion on Bonds?

Post by Merry »

I think the point you make about differences in reporting between our media and the American media is an interesting one Nicklan, but not sure it should be in this particular thread. Maybe you should open a new thread on that topic, because I definitely think it's one worth exploring.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”