Sick of NDP attack ads

BC's provincial election and STV referendum takes place Tuesday May 12th.
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by steven lloyd »

Many of us already recognize how misleading and downright deceitful Campbell's TV ads are - although we also know the there are still a disturbing number of voters who still actually believe his lies. Have you seen one of his latest ads, though. You know, the one where he states that he knows people in rural areas are concerned about accessing health care where and when they need it and suggesting it is his party that is doing something to address this issue. Are the electorate at large so stupid as to already forget it was Campbell who started shutting down rural hospitals in the first place ?!?!? (You know what? I think they are). And like that wasn't enough he then goes on to talk about services that have been funded by the tireless efforts of fund raisers and volunteers and tries to imply that his party should be given credit for this as well. What deceitful and dishonourable arrogance! Ah well, the one thing Campbell knows, being the con and fraudster that he is, is that you truly can fool some of the people all of the time (and in this province that number of people seems to be enough to get re-elected).
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by Al Czervic »

steven lloyd wrote:Many of us already recognize how misleading and downright deceitful Campbell's TV ads are - although we also know the there are still a disturbing number of voters who still actually believe his lies. Have you seen one of his latest ads, though. You know, the one where he states that he knows people in rural areas are concerned about accessing health care where and when they need it and suggesting it is his party that is doing something to address this issue. Are the electorate at large so stupid as to already forget it was Campbell who started shutting down rural hospitals in the first place ?!?!? (You know what? I think they are). And like that wasn't enough he then goes on to talk about services that have been funded by the tireless efforts of fund raisers and volunteers and tries to imply that his party should be given credit for this as well. What deceitful and dishonourable arrogance! Ah well, the one thing Campbell knows, being the con and fraudster that he is, is that you truly can fool some of the people all of the time (and in this province that number of people seems to be enough to get re-elected).


I have yet to see this commercial however I will watch for it. I often see over zealous claims and at times over the top lies and have found this trend can exist on all party lines. To date I have found the largest lies belong to the “run of the river” nonsense being promoted by the NDP.

I need a runner up so I will watch for claims about closing hospitals and offering solutions as you claim. While I do that can you point me to any claims in the NDP campaign platform where they promise to open up rural hospitals and miraculously staff said hospitals with all kinds of specialty services ?

I mean can we really expect the NDP (if elected) to ensure that Orthopedic surgical services will be available in places like Merritt and Greenwood BC? Do you really believe the NDP will bring full surgical options to rural BC ?
Back with a vengeance
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by steven lloyd »

Al Czervic wrote:I mean can we really expect the NDP (if elected) to ensure that Orthopedic surgical services will be available in places like Merritt and Greenwood BC? Do you really believe the NDP will bring full surgical options to rural BC ?


That's a good question Al. I know they have said they will re-open hospitals that have been closed in rural communities and that would certainly be a start (no more lives lost during winter night mountain drives to the nearest hospital more than 200 kilometres away). As far as surgical options go - well I can at least be quite confident in saying anything Gordon Campbell tells us is a lie. I recognized he was lying during his first campaign, and he has just gotten more outrageous with his lying as he realizes it doesn't matter anymore. He knows he's got enough people completely hoodwinked and he could say he was going to create jobs in a new space program and get enough of the sheeple to believe him and vote for him to get re-elected. He is so arrogant he has already openly engaged in criminal acts and sufferred no consequence from this gutless electorate so what motivation is there for him to stop. None. On May 16 let's re-elect a fraudulant racketeer to lead our province. What the hell? Kelowna's got a new bridge.

Sorry, I wish I could vote for a Liberal government. I really do. However, this man disgusts me, and it sorely disappoints me that we (the electorate) will not hold our politicians to at least non-criminal behavior, if not a higher standard of integrity. We get the government we deserve.
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by Al Czervic »

steven lloyd wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:I mean can we really expect the NDP (if elected) to ensure that Orthopedic surgical services will be available in places like Merritt and Greenwood BC? Do you really believe the NDP will bring full surgical options to rural BC ?


That's a good question Al. I know they have said they will re-open hospitals that have been closed in rural communities and that would certainly be a start (no more lives lost during winter night mountain drives to the nearest hospital more than 200 kilometres away). As far as surgical options go - well I can at least be quite confident in saying anything Gordon Campbell tells us is a lie. I recognized he was lying during his first campaign, and he has just gotten more outrageous with his lying as he realizes it doesn't matter anymore. He knows he's got enough people completely hoodwinked and he could say he was going to create jobs in a new space program and get enough of the sheeple to believe him and vote for him to get re-elected. He is so arrogant he has already openly engaged in criminal acts and sufferred no consequence from this gutless electorate so what motivation is there for him to stop. None. On May 16 let's re-elect a fraudulant racketeer to lead our province. What the hell? Kelowna's got a new bridge.

Sorry, I wish I could vote for a Liberal government. I really do. However, this man disgusts me, and it sorely disappoints me that we (the electorate) will not hold our politicians to at least non-criminal behavior, if not a higher standard of integrity. We get the government we deserve.


I understand your dislike for Campbell; I really do. Campbell made the choice to make some decisions that attacked some of BC’s most prolific public sector unions. I can understand that as you are a BCGEU Unionist you have every right to dislike the Premier. No arguments for me on that point.

I would like to point out that it is May 12 and not May 16 when the election will soon occur. I do not profess to know who will win and my biggest hope is that BC has a strong turnout and the first past the post system will produce a clear vote from the electorate and during the process STV will fail. Obviously I hope the BC Liberals will win; but I would still rather endure an NDP first past the post victory than an STV coalition minority government.

Only a few more weeks to go….
Back with a vengeance
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by steven lloyd »

Al Czervic wrote: I understand your dislike for Campbell; I really do. Campbell made the choice to make some decisions that attacked some of BC’s most prolific public sector unions. I can understand that as you are a BCGEU Unionist you have every right to dislike the Premier. No arguments for me on that point.


For the record, though, I didn’t become a BCGEU member until almost four years after Campbell’s first election (I've only been a union member five of my thrty five years of working). At that time I was working with a non-government agency in Kelowna working with persons with multiple barriers to employment. Our outcome statistics showed that 73% of the people we worked with were independent from government assistance at one year. It was an NDP idea though so when Campbell came in he discontinued the program and I went to work as an employment counsellor for a federally funded agency (and the people we were working with went back on welfare or out on to the street - lots of people out of work after Campbell got elected).

Al Czervic wrote: I would like to point out that it is May 12 and not May 16 when the election will soon occur. I do not profess to know who will win and my biggest hope is that BC has a strong turnout and the first past the post system will produce a clear vote from the electorate and during the process STV will fail. Obviously I hope the BC Liberals will win; but I would still rather endure an NDP first past the post victory than an STV coalition minority government.

Only a few more weeks to go….


I agree with you on the STV issue. I will be voting no. I voted yes the first time but have since learned so much more from the information provided by posters here. As far as the Liberals and NDP go – I sincerely wish we had another realistic choice (ie. not Green or PC). As I’ve said before I would happily vote Liberal in this election if the party wasn’t being led by a criminal, megomaniac who puts ideology ahead of common sense. I think it is sad that the electorate of this province will settle for fraudulent criminals. It certainly sends a strong message to all of our future politicians.
LeashCops

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by LeashCops »

Duh! Stven lloyd is a guv worker. Congrats! That confers a special wisdom. LOL
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by steven lloyd »

LeashCops wrote:Duh! Stven lloyd is a guv worker. Congrats! That confers a special wisdom. LOL


Uh Duh. And the fact I clarified I’ve only been a government employee for the last five years of thirty five years of employment slipped right past your skinny little head. Duh. I know. Reading for comprehension takes a little extra work. Not something you might be used to so recently released back into the community. It's okay to to ask for help you know. Duh. We can all see you need it.
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by Al Czervic »

steven lloyd wrote:I agree with you on the STV issue. I will be voting no. I voted yes the first time but have since learned so much more from the information provided by posters here. As far as the Liberals and NDP go – I sincerely wish we had another realistic choice (ie. not Green or PC). As I’ve said before I would happily vote Liberal in this election if the party wasn’t being led by a criminal, megomaniac who puts ideology ahead of common sense. I think it is sad that the electorate of this province will settle for fraudulent criminals. It certainly sends a strong message to all of our future politicians.


My gut feeling is that even if Campbell and the Liberals win; this will be his last election. Who will be the successor is the big question. It’s too bad Carole Taylor has retired. I liked her style.
Back with a vengeance
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33658
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by Glacier »

Al Czervic wrote:My gut feeling is that even if Campbell and the Liberals win; this will be his last election. Who will be the successor is the big question. It’s too bad Carole Taylor has retired. I liked her style.

Al, you should through you name in the hat! We need more people like you in politics.
The worst part about a 7 day lockdown is the first 4 months.
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Sick of lying Liberal ads

Post by steven lloyd »

Al Czervic wrote: It’s too bad Carole Taylor has retired. I liked her style.


I agree with you there. Implementing signing bonuses for timely contract agreements was a brilliant move. I heard (can't say where) she might be subpoenaed to testify in the BC Rail investigation, however, and that might be a little awkward.
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by NAB »

Just too bad she went along with the carbon tax idea. If she really had a clue and enough courage to stand up to Campbell instead of running away she would not have ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by Al Czervic »

Nabcom wrote:Just too bad she went along with the carbon tax idea. If she really had a clue and enough courage to stand up to Campbell instead of running away she would not have ;-)

Nab


You do understand that there are actually some people who support the Carbon Tax ? I realize that you do not; but there are those of us that do.
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by NAB »

Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:Just too bad she went along with the carbon tax idea. If she really had a clue and enough courage to stand up to Campbell instead of running away she would not have ;-)

Nab


You do understand that there are actually some people who support the Carbon Tax ? I realize that you do not; but there are those of us that do.


Of course I realize that Al. Not that I think those who support it give it sufficient thought (wink wink).

But as to Carol Taylor, I think her term as Minister of Finance for BC is going to be the basis of some very regressive situations over the next few years. The smartest move she ever made IMO was to get out before the *bleep* hits the fan once more in BC and people come to realize she must be held largely responsible for it.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by Al Czervic »

Nabcom wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:Just too bad she went along with the carbon tax idea. If she really had a clue and enough courage to stand up to Campbell instead of running away she would not have ;-)

Nab


You do understand that there are actually some people who support the Carbon Tax ? I realize that you do not; but there are those of us that do.


Of course I realize that Al. Not that I think those who support it give it sufficient thought (wink wink).

But as to Carol Taylor, I think her term as Minister of Finance for BC is going to be the basis of some very regressive situations over the next few years. The smartest move she ever made IMO was to get out before the *bleep* hits the fan once more in BC and people come to realize she must be held largely responsible for it.

Nab


Hard to say. My comments more about my liking her style was that she delivered information in a very timely and transparent manner. You never got the sense she was trying to spin her way out of anything. Always seemed factual and that; combined with the ability to make difficult decisions is more what I look for in politicians.
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Sick of NDP attack ads

Post by NAB »

Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:
Nabcom wrote:Just too bad she went along with the carbon tax idea. If she really had a clue and enough courage to stand up to Campbell instead of running away she would not have ;-)

Nab


You do understand that there are actually some people who support the Carbon Tax ? I realize that you do not; but there are those of us that do.


Of course I realize that Al. Not that I think those who support it give it sufficient thought (wink wink).

But as to Carol Taylor, I think her term as Minister of Finance for BC is going to be the basis of some very regressive situations over the next few years. The smartest move she ever made IMO was to get out before the *bleep* hits the fan once more in BC and people come to realize she must be held largely responsible for it.

Nab


Hard to say. My comments more about my liking her style was that she delivered information in a very timely and transparent manner. You never got the sense she was trying to spin her way out of anything. Always seemed factual and that; combined with the ability to make difficult decisions is more what I look for in politicians.


Ya, isn't it a shame that in modern politics much of the time the difficult decisions are avoided, and they look for the easiest, most misleading, and most convenient way out of making them?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2009”