Tish Lakes - BC NDP

usquebaugh
Guru

Re: Tish Lakes - BC NDP

Post by usquebaugh »

Triple 6 wrote:
usquebaugh wrote:Additionally, all three candidates will be at Ben Lee Park in Rutland to pay their respects on the Day of Mourning for Workers Injured or Killed on the Job.

Tuesday, April 28 at 4 pm.

Isin't that sweet! Mourning for workers injured or killed on the job. The killed part I can tolerate the mourning for the injured is complete Bs. I should go there and protest. I had to fight those bastardo's at wcb for 2 years, 2 years, of me doing their work. to prove that an injury was indeed work related, and not a pre exsisting condition. wcb makes my blood boil. Ya know, this might be the time for me to fire of some emails to those in the running. If it is any indication of what I had to go through to get B covered, I can only imagine what others have had to or are going through.

Um, it's not being sponsored by WCB. It's being sponsored by the North Okanagan Labour Council.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

usquebaugh wrote: Um, it's not being sponsored by WCB. It's being sponsored by the North Okanagan Labour Council.

yeah I get that, but the candidates are there and they are more than likely there to support WCB. It doesn't really matter, I just had a thought and went with it. . .
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Triple 6 wrote:
usquebaugh wrote: Um, it's not being sponsored by WCB. It's being sponsored by the North Okanagan Labour Council.

yeah I get that, but the candidates are there and they are more than likely there to support WCB. It doesn't really matter, I just had a thought and went with it. . .

Actually it's just an event that a few of the current election candidates have been invited to grandstand at.

It supposed to be about the killed workers.
Not afraid to say "It".
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

logicalview wrote:Actually it's just an event that a few of the current election candidates have been invited to grandstand at.

It supposed to be about the killed workers.

It's how I am looking at it Logical. It would be interesting to know do these election candidates attend this event every year?
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Triple 6 wrote:

Ah, I think they're there to supporters the workers themselves, and not the organization that screws them over when they get injured.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Triple 6 wrote:It would be interesting to know do these election candidates attend this event every year?

It's probably about as rarely as Campbell attends Sikh celebrations, if we're going to be all cynical... :127:
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

usquebaugh wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:It would be interesting to know do these election candidates attend this event every year?

It's probably about as rarely as Campbell attends Sikh celebrations, if we're going to be all cynical... :127:

But we're not talking about Gordo.... [-X
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

Give me a break. It's absurd to chastise candidates for making public appearances during an election campaign. That's what a campaign involves. Ridiculous.
SHOZDIJIJI
Board Meister

Post by SHOZDIJIJI »

:sunshine:
After being asked if he would consider politic's the smart man replied " No the smart people have the Politicians working for them."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

We're lucky there's no Gay Pride parade during elections season, otherwise you'd see both Gordon Campbell and Carol James on their floats wearing next to nothing.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

. :sunshine:
Last edited by logicalview on Apr 16th, 2009, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not afraid to say "It".
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

ETA:
I sent you a PM instead, Trip.
Last edited by usquebaugh on Apr 16th, 2009, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Triple 6 wrote:It's how I am looking at it Logical. It would be interesting to know do these election candidates attend this event every year?

Well the North Okanagan Labour Council (NOLC) were so concerned that they didn't bother to hold an event last year. In 2007 they went quite a bit further and issued a press release.

MARCH 4, 2009 minutes

MINUTES - MONTHLY MEETING, NORTH OKANAGAN LABOUR COUNCIL AT KELOWNA

GUESTS

Tisha Kalmanovitch, Guest, NDP Candidate, Kelowna Mission
Tish Lakes, Guest, NDP Candidate, Westside Kelowna
Blake Wright, Guest, NDP Candidate KLC for nomination
Mark Olsen, Guest NDP Candidate, Vernon Monashee
Mathew Reed, Guest, NDP Candidate KLC for nomination
Eileen Robinson, Guest, NDP

The three Kelowna NDP constituencies, Kelowna Lake Country, Kelowna Mission, and Westside Kelowna are working together one to request financial endorsement from the NOLC.

Hmmm. Could it be that they are garnering an appearance fee?
Not afraid to say "It".
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I'm not a supporter of the NDP, In fact none of the parties really excite me. I've checked out Tish's website, read her info, and she doesn't grab me. Off to research more people.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Triple 6 wrote:I'm not a supporter of the NDP, In fact none of the parties really excite me. I've checked out Tish's website, read her info, and she doesn't grab me. Off to research more people.

:sunshine: That's important too...
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?

Return to “Westside-Kelowna”