Wendy Dion - BC Refederation Party

News

Wendy Dion - BC Refederation Party

Post by News »

This thread is for the discussion of the candidacy of Wendy Dion - BC Refederation Party
watchkat
Übergod

Re: Wendy Dion - BC Refederation Party

Post by watchkat »

I guess I'm like most voters at this stage.........fed up with everyone!

Since I'm in Peachland, I find myself looking at a new group of politicians and feel tucked in the back corner of a constituency that has little in common with my day to day life. We are much more related to the activities and services of West Kelowna which is not on the "other side of the highway construction".

I was surprised and pleased to see a new party has entered the race. The party seems to be running candidates throughout the province and it is a shame that I have just discovered them this morning.

I fear many others will not take the time to read the party platform. There are some interesting concepts and goals. Many that we as voters could back, but unfortunately the party must be more visible to the public and not just rely on the website. There are too many out there that don't have computers still. Yes, there are many that don't have computers...20 neighbours and 7 don't have computers. If I just found your party, they stand little chance of knowing of your existence.

I sincerely hope that the party candidates will be vocal during the next month to let voters know what they stand for, that they are fielding a provincial slate of candidates, and that they have a website which is very comprehensive regarding their goals and policies.
http://refedbc.com/siteA/page35/page35.html
I suggest that persons reading this take a minute to explore the links on the top of this page as well.

I'm not saying that I will be voting for this party..........I'm still reading the website, but I think it is worth reading about an alternative to Liberal,NDP and Green Party, etc.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Just an addition to the post above.........
Each of the topics on the the page have drop down information when they are "clicked".
ie.
A REFED MESSAGE TO ALL BC VOTERS

No matter which political party we support, we all lose control over the Victoria government at the moment when we mark our ballot. The system forces us to do that.

But BC Refed says that there is a better way for us to govern ourselves.

A BC Refed government will make the key changes needed to give the citizens input into how this province is run. In 1991 the BC electorate voted 83% to add direct voting to our system, but no party will legislate that.

So if the party you have been supporting will not give the citizens a comprehensive and automatic direct vote mechanism such as Refed promotes, then there is only one way to get it.

Vote only for a party [any party] that will introduce the Swiss system of direct voting to BC. If you do not know the Swiss system, then check it out.

swiss-voting-1.thumbnail

Constitutions are mere “*bleep* bits of paper” [to quote a certain powerful president] if citizens can not control government between elections.

This is not a plug for BC Refed. It is a plug for any party that will give BC a constitution that includes the direct vote.

Remember - to think clearly is a political act. Vote yourself into power at the next election by voting ONLY for the direct vote in BC. There is something suspicious about a politician who opposes it.
Mike Summers

Post by Mike Summers »

I am the leader of BC Refed.

I wish beyond wishing that we had even a small fraction of the money of the Liberals and NDP. The Liberals are outspending everybody combined to try and buy the election.

The Sun and Province columnists are not even prepared to say our names. They have decried the current system but won't say the one name which is dedicated to bringing democracy to BC and Canada.

We would love to get our name out more, but we simply don't have the money to get the job done. So we are having to do it the hard way. One person, one voter at a time.

Personally, having MS and being on disability income, I cannot finance myself either.

But for all this, I have come to a place of being so proud of the efforts of the 21 other candidates besides myself, for having done so very much in a very short period of time, that I have no words to say thank you with which are adequate for the task.

Someone once said, "We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." Wendy and her colleagues fall into that quote.

If perchance you have a few extra dollars you could kick in, perhaps Wendy can get a few ads off. But in the meantime, I do want to thank you for the support you have shown for Wendy. If you would be so kind as to talk to some of your friends and neighbours, we would all appreciate it very very much.

Wendy is a very intelligent woman, very capable, and I would love to see her in the legislature, taking politicians to task over the showy waste of money politicians do to make it look like they are doing something.

Thank you again for what help you can give Wendy.

Mike Summers, Leader, BC Refederation Party.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting to get a different result each time.
Voting for the Liberals and NDP over and over, expecting something different?

Return to “Penticton”