Juno (the movie)

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
ILLEffect
Board Meister

Juno (the movie)

Post by ILLEffect »

Really cute I think. Had a good storyline. Ellen Page (Juno) is hilarious and I was drawn by her personality. Sweet ending that in a way, you almost don't think it's going to go that way. I don't see that it "glorifies" teen pregnancy really, but others may differ on that opinion.

Anyone else?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I saw Juno in the theatre last night. I thought it was very funny without resorting to low humour, and touching without being sentimental. Ellen Page was wonderful, in fact I thought all the performances were very good. JK Simmons ( Mac MacGuff) is gold in just about everything I've ever seen him in. Juno was a breath of fresh air compared to most of the lowest-common-denominator comedies that are released these days.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Yellow Sprinkles
Board Meister

Post by Yellow Sprinkles »

I also really enjoyed Juno, and I didn't find that it glorified teen pregnancy, as some critics have suggested. It was quirky, and I was happy with the ending - more realistic than I was expecting.
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- Emerson
tunachick
Board Meister

Post by tunachick »

I saw Juno with my husband Saturday night.

We both enjoyed it. All the performances were good, but if Ellen Page hadn't been exceptional, the movie would have dragged.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

I thought the movie was cute, Ellen Page did a great job, had a hard time with Juno's quips, read a little more like a 30 something than a 16 yr old.

I always love Michael Cera.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Smuckers wrote:I thought the movie was cute, Ellen Page did a great job, had a hard time with Juno's quips, read a little more like a 30 something than a 16 yr old.

That was my one beef with this movie...Juno seemed to have a cute and clever one-liner for *everything*. It was a little over the top, and by the second half of the movie, had become predictable.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”