Quiznos Closed

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
onestop67
Guru

Re: Quiznos Closed

Post by onestop67 »

OREZ wrote:No kidding! Try comparing the photo of the Big Mac with the "real thing". I'd rather eat the poster. :dyinglaughing:

Did you know that the food that is used in most of those big franchises advertising isn't real?

The Big Mac you saw was made out of plastic or clay and airbrushed.

Seriously.
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

small correction. It IS real food, but is coated in all sorts of strange things ( shellac ect)
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Charles Whitman II wrote:small correction. It IS real food, but is coated in all sorts of strange things ( shellac ect)

No, not always.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I used to do product photography for food industry. 60% of cases it's not real. 40% is real but filled with all sorts of chemicals.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

I laquered a few pizzas in my day to use for menu pics. That way they looked like the ones I sold.

But if I new how to work with silly putty or if I could colour between the lines (the artistic ability of a toddler), I would have made fakes to use over and over.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

onestop67 wrote:I laquered a few pizzas in my day to use for menu pics. That way they looked like the ones I sold.

But if I new how to work with silly putty or if I could colour between the lines (the artistic ability of a toddler), I would have made fakes to use over and over.

Ya...I like silly putty, too....Especially when it is over and over and heehee over again :runforlife:
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Highly disappointed you didn't jump on that one, Onestop... :dyinglaughing:
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Puffy wrote:Highly disappointed you didn't jump on that one, Onestop... :dyinglaughing:

The only thing I could think of posting would have gotten deleted.
Malfeasant

Post by Malfeasant »

I've been wondering about Quizno's- I live in Phoenix, AZ and every Quizno's that I know of (and a couple I didn't know of before but found in passing) has closed. A google search comes up with many disgruntled customer stories, but no more than any other high-profile business. Are there still some open anywhere? Have they cut back to 1 in 10 of their original locations? Or did they just fold?
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

The others in town are still open.

From the sounds of it, this one was a franchisee issue. Whether it was a failed inspection or failing to pay the bills or not following head office's promotions, it kinda falls back on the owner.
cp95

Post by cp95 »

Now the Quiznos at Richter and Hwy 97 is closed too. What is going on?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

cp95 wrote:Now the Quiznos at Richter and Hwy 97 is closed too. What is going on?

That locations was ALWAYS empty. I'd come in and I'd be the only customer there.

The one on Lakeshore seems to be doing good.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

I believe the Quiznos at Highway 97 and Richter was bought out by the City about a year or so ago (might have even been two years?). The plan is for that whole building to be demolished and redeveloped when they figure out what they're doing with the lot next door (I think was that the school?).

Perhaps the closure of that Quiznos means the building will be knocked down soon and redevelopment of that corner parcel of land is to start in the next few months? :129:
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

onestop67 wrote:The others in town are still open.

From the sounds of it, this one was a franchisee issue. Whether it was a failed inspection or failing to pay the bills or not following head office's promotions, it kinda falls back on the owner.

Found out first hand. It was because the owner failed to repeatedly follow orders from head office. Corporation says all franchises MUST do "so and so" with their menu, prices, displays, etc.. and the owner of that location wanted to do things his own way. He just got "written up" too many times for not having proper signage/prices, etc... and had it taken away.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

fvkasm2x wrote:
onestop67 wrote:The others in town are still open.

Found out first hand. It was because the owner failed to repeatedly follow orders from head office. Corporation says all franchises MUST do "so and so" with their menu, prices, displays, etc.. and the owner of that location wanted to do things his own way. He just got "written up" too many times for not having proper signage/prices, etc... and had it taken away.

He also wouldn't do any corporate specials either.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”