Lindsay Lohan calls Obama COLOURED

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Vanermi

Lindsay Lohan calls Obama COLOURED

Post by Vanermi »

Who gives a *bleep*? I can't believe this has made the news as a big deal. What is our damn world coming to that that is all there is to report on in hollywood and around the world. Even the Celebrity columnist for Castanet agreed it was sooooo wrong to do. It's all hype man!! Hollywood says :ohmygod: and the rest of the world follows suit. It's not like she called him the "N" word or something. Her intentions were good and only trying to be polite so let it go and report on something interesting like Brittney Spears not wearing any panties getting out of a car or something! Lol :dyinglaughing:
celebsoup

Re: Lindsay Lohan calls Obama COLOURED

Post by celebsoup »

I think the media jumped all over the story to point out how out of it Lindsay Lohan really seems to be. Who uses that expression anymore? She probably didn't mean it, but she should have known better. She's becoming a much easier target than Britney!
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

celebsoup wrote:I think the media jumped all over the story to point out how out of it Lindsay Lohan really seems to be.

And exactly what the OP said. Who gives a rat's *bleep*? Other than gossip columnists. I don't see myself taking her home to meet mom anytime soon, so why would I care what type of person she is? She's a celebrity, not the President.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

onestop67 wrote:
celebsoup wrote:I think the media jumped all over the story to point out how out of it Lindsay Lohan really seems to be.

And exactly what the OP said. Who gives a rat's *bleep*? Other than gossip columnists. I don't see myself taking her home to meet mom anytime soon, so why would I care what type of person she is? She's a celebrity, not the President.

And young people look up to celebrities....then they get to hear a woman call the new President "colored"! I was appalled, it just goes to show how much ignorance there is for the US to overcome.
What came out of her mouth was horrible. I would never make light of a person's "slurs".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It was a common enough expression years ago and elders still use it but it is not meant in a derogatory fashion. Name tags change periodically and who knows in her family it may be used all the time and she didn't know any different - now she does.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Fancy wrote:It was a common enough expression years ago and elders still use it but it is not meant in a derogatory fashion. Name tags change periodically and who knows in her family it may be used all the time and she didn't know any different - now she does.

Didn't know any better? I'm sorry, that is a pretty lame excuse. This did not come out of the mouth of some older person, or some ignorant person in the south. I have never lived outside the Okanagan (predominately white) and even I knew better at a much younger age than she is.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

Black, colored, who cares? Maybe if you had lived outside of the valley at some point sky, you might know that colored, brown, Asian, Indian, white, and black people aren't as sensitive as you are. She didn't call him a *bleep* after all. It is just another case of a celebrity "journalist" needing a story.

eta. Oh wow it bleeped out the n-word.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

lol, don't mind Elektric_Sky. She is so over the top about political correctness it ain't funny.

God forbid you say mentally *bleep* as opposed to special needs...

And the whole "kids look up to celebrities" argument...yeah, maybe that would be an issue if she had actually said something that was derogatory. Calling him coloured, while old fashioned, is not a big deal.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Air Wrench wrote:Black, colored, who cares? Maybe if you had lived outside of the valley at some point sky, you might know that colored, brown, Asian, Indian, white, and black people aren't as sensitive as you are. She didn't call him a *bleep* after all. It is just another case of a celebrity "journalist" needing a story.

eta. Oh wow it bleeped out the n-word.

Actually while I said that I have never LIVED outside of the Okanagan...I have travelled a lot.
Especially in the States....and my folks live in the States for 5 months every year for the past 15 years. They travel a lot when there. And have taken me all over. The way people still treat black people is disgusting. And of course they aren't that sensitive...if they didn't have tough skin they would be weeping continuously. You get used to being treated like second class.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

onestop67 wrote:lol, don't mind Elektric_Sky. She is so over the top about political correctness it ain't funny.

God forbid you say mentally *bleep* as opposed to special needs...

And the whole "kids look up to celebrities" argument...yeah, maybe that would be an issue if she had actually said something that was derogatory. Calling him coloured, while old fashioned, is not a big deal.

Yeah i guess if you don't have to watch the consequences of how those words hurt a child who just wants to be like his peers but knows that he is different, then who the heck cares, right?
When you don't have to hear the child tell you how much he hates himself because of the way society treats him, because he is different, then who cares, right?
When adult sales people will continue to ignore him and only talk to me, even though he is the one who is doing the buying, it doesn't matter, does it Onestop?

After all, you are not the one who has to continually explain people's ignorance, and who has to continually try to encourage him and not let these things bother him, so it doesn't matter does it?

You don't have to console your daughter when classmates say that if they ever had to ride on the handicapped bus, they would call them re-tard-s and laugh at them. But that doesn't matter does it?
When looking at the word as defined it is harmless....try looking up how the word was used against those who could not defend themselves and how they were treated in society. Try looking up the views of people who believe that the mentally challenged are useless and might as well lock them up. Our murderers and child molesters are treated better. But again, that doesn't matter, does it Onestop?

Sickening, that you would find that name so harmless....... =D> you are such a star!
And heaven forbid someone stand up against such ignorance. I am such a bad person. Tsk Tsk
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Your big emotionally only post???

No, it doesn't matter...to me. I never said it was okay to look at a "special needs person" (is that okay with you...???) and say anything derogatory.

If there wasn't the "political correctness movement", for nothing other than wording things differently, you're child would not know the difference between "special needs" and "mentally challenged or God forbid, *bleep*".

It is a lame attempt at renaming certain groups of society, so that the old titles that were used in cruel jokes and in a derogatory way, by some people, might go away.

If no one made fun of someone who was labelled "mentally *bleep*", there would be no issue here at all. But someone did...

What are you going to want your child to be "labelled" as when he/she hears a "How many special needs children does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

Molecularly Altered?

I'm not making light of the fact that you are the parent of a child that has differences or challenges.

I AM making light of the joke that is "political correctness". Change the label all you want...someone will eventually make that NEW term derogatory for your child to hear, as well.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

onestop67 wrote:What are you going to want your child to be "labelled" as when he/she hears a "How many special needs children does it take to screw in a light bulb?"

Molecularly Altered?

I've often wondered that myself.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It doesn't matter what words are used, they still describe the same things!

I for one don't care, if I am confident in myself it doesn't matter what words are used to describe me.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
bottleman
Fledgling

Post by bottleman »

She completely used the wrong word but it seems like she was referring to obama not as a black person, but as a person who isn't white, because it's not just the first black president, it's the first president of any colour/race that isn't white. I'm no celeb fan but that's what it seemed like to me.
Air Wrench
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Air Wrench »

bottleman wrote:She completely used the wrong word but it seems like she was referring to obama not as a black person, but as a person who isn't white, because it's not just the first black president, it's the first president of any colour/race that isn't white. I'm no celeb fan but that's what it seemed like to me.

Wow, white folks are sensitive to what other white folks call black folks. She meant black, bottleman or African-American, or colored, or Hawaiian-Kenyan, or whatever the current acceptable term for black dude is this week. It is not as if she threw a cotton swab on the ground and said, “pick it up blackie”. And besides, who cares what TMZ or whoever, said what Lindsay Lohan said? Lohan farts and we hear about it on TMZ. Those *bleep* bags needed to fill the time in that night and good ‘ol trusty Lohan (am I spelling that right? Who cares?) says, gasp…the prez elect is colored…..*crickets*…*crickets*. OUTRAGE!! You can’t say that! White people arise! A skeesy white girl called the prez elect…colored! If you do not ostracize her whiteie, you are a racist! Don’t use the word ostracize though a um…African-American, person may not know what that word means…use something simpler…we don’t want them to think we are racist.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”