Any Restaurants Open Christmas Day In Kelowna?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Any Restaurants Open Christmas Day In Kelowna?

Postby Mind_Bomb » Dec 18th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Hi folks... I see that all of the posts here are older so I'm hoping that we can update the information for December of 2018. Does anyone know of nice restaurants that are open Christmas Day in either Kelowna or West Kelowna?

prairieflower likes this post.
Mind_Bomb

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby prairieflower » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Asian Pear on Harvey is open on Christmas Day from 11-8 :D

Mind_Bomb likes this post.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 151 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:37 pm

GordonH wrote:In most cases Christmas Day is only day of the year retail/restaurants actually closes for the day. People want that day open as well. I noticed another thread about grocery store being open on Christmas Day.

Well, plan ahead either buy groceries or take-out on the 24th and be prepared for that 1 day not being opened.

I repost what I said 4 years ago, why do people need business open every day.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8438 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby OKkayak » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:41 pm

GordonH wrote:
I repost what I said 4 years ago, why do people need business open every day.

Just because you don't need or want a business on a certain day(s) doesn't mean everyone doesn't need or want to them to be open on said day(s).

As for the workers, many prefer working days you'd care not to work.

OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2147 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:46 pm

GordonH wrote:I repost what I said 4 years ago, why do people need business open every day.

OKkayak wrote:Just because you don't need or want a business on a certain day(s) doesn't mean everyone doesn't need or want to them to be open on said day(s).

Yep, because people are to damn lazy to actually learn to cook.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby OKkayak » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:55 pm

GordonH wrote:
Yep, because people are to damn lazy to actually learn to cook.

Oh, so one can only go out to eat/shop on the days you approve of, any other day then one is "lazy". Gotcha :up:

normaM likes this post.
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:06 pm

GordonH wrote:Yep, because people are to damn lazy to actually learn to cook.

OKkayak wrote:Oh, so one can only go out to eat/shop on the days you approve of, any other day then one is "lazy". Gotcha :up:

Well since there is 364 other days (365 in a leap year), then yes. Lazy part is very evident simply with raise of services like Skip the Dishes.

Of course I was raised in much different era, was taught the skills needed i.e cooking/baking, personal financials etc
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby OKkayak » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:18 pm

GordonH wrote:Well since there is 364 other days (365 in a leap year), then yes. Lazy part is very evident simply with raise of services like Skip the Dishes.

Well, guess what Gordon? There are people that want to use services on that one day that doesn't fall within your other "364" days of the year.
GordonH wrote:Of course I was raised in much different era, was taught the skills needed i.e cooking/baking, personal financials etc

Um, good for you? :135:
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:24 pm

All I am saying is its a shame nonessential services have to be open every day of the year.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby OKkayak » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:26 pm

GordonH wrote:All I am saying is its a shame nonessential services have to be open every day of the year.

Thats cool, thats your opinion, but the fact is that not everyone shares your personal values.
OKkayak
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby ferri » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:27 pm

:topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 9906 posts

Postby prairieflower » Dec 19th, 2018, 4:56 pm

GordonH wrote:All I am saying is its a shame nonessential services have to be open every day of the year.

Just for an FYI, a majority of Chinese do not celebrate Christmas on the 25th of December. As a coworker of mine stated, many wait until Chinese New Year for their big celebrations. There are also people out there who do not celebrate Christmas at all, eg Jehovah Witness, maybe they own a restaurant and wish to have it open.

As other's have said, it is not wrong to want to eat out on Christmas Day, even though in the past it was one of those days that every damn business everywhere was closed, that is not the "norm" anymore.

2 people like this post.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 151 posts

Postby AJR » Dec 19th, 2018, 5:39 pm

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:
Of course I was raised in much different era, was taught the skills needed i.e cooking/baking, personal financials etc

Oh look at this guy LEVITATING above us lazy idiots

GordonH - there hasn't been an "era" where personal financial skills were "taught". As a Financial Advisor, I can attest to the lack of education in public schools and the general lack of knowledge people have around taxes, credit scores, debt ratios and other financial topics. Consider yourself LUCKY you had someone who invested the time into helping you learn about this - not someone who should judge those who categorically are the "normal".

As for the topic - it's not up to you to judge or decide what people should/not do with their civic holiday. If you don't believe businesses should employ on Christmas Day - don't use them. And don't work there. Otherwise, the decision is not yours, but shaming people or calling them lazy because they feel otherwise is ignorant and righteous of you.
"That which doesn't kill you... disappoints me"

6 people like this post.
AJR

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby Hassel99 » Dec 19th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Not everything is about you Gordon.
Why do you feel the need to be incrediblely rude and condisendung about how others spend Dec 25th?

I for one am flying back home on the 25th after being abroad for longer than most food will last in my fridge.
Do I have your permission to eat something besides crackers on Christmas Day?

Unbelievable

4 people like this post.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3255 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2018, 5:53 pm

GordonH wrote:Of course I was raised in much different era, was taught the skills needed i.e cooking/baking, personal financials etc

AJR wrote:Oh look at this guy LEVITATING above us lazy idiots

GordonH - there hasn't been an "era" where personal financial skills were "taught". As a Financial Advisor, I can attest to the lack of education in public schools and the general lack of knowledge people have around taxes, credit scores, debt ratios and other financial topics. Consider yourself LUCKY you had someone who invested the time into helping you learn about this - not someone who should judge those who categorically are the "normal".
Well, my teachers of life skills were my parents... not public the school system. They were barely able to teach the 3 R's, couldn't bothered with life skills.

As for the topic - it's not up to you to judge or decide what people should/not do with their civic holiday. If you don't believe businesses should employ on Christmas Day - don't use them. And don't work there. I don't use them or work for any of them
Otherwise, the decision is not yours, but shaming people or calling them lazy because they feel otherwise is ignorant and righteous of you.
Just calling it as I see it, its called my opinion
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts