Any Restaurants Open Christmas Day In Kelowna?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Any Restaurants Open Christmas Day In Kelowna?

Postby normaM » Dec 23rd, 2018, 8:52 am

I can't read maps :( It's ok you out of town, I'm free New Years Day too
Have fun at the arena :)
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4203 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am

normaM wrote:I can't read maps :( It's ok you out of town, I'm free New Years Day too
Have fun at the arena :)

Take your Dog with you and tell her to find the Turkey. I'm sure she will take you somewhere.

normaM likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11750 posts

Postby normaM » Dec 23rd, 2018, 10:06 am

Ha! She's never tasted turkey, basically she eats everything so I am such she'll nose some out.
Back home ( far bigger population ) loads of places open - then again large community of Jewish ppl, Buddhists, etc.
One year we went to someone's home, the turkey wasn't browned... shudder
And they had those garbage bits in the stuffing. Shudder again
I did eat 4 dinner rolls :p
Do like a smoked Turkey
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4203 posts

Postby southy » Dec 23rd, 2018, 2:52 pm

Gordo … from some of your posts it would appear rum laced eggnog is not your friend. Glad you have an opinion, but please stop the judgements … people can do what they want and they do not need your approval or disapproval. Merry Christmas :130:
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 746 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 23rd, 2018, 3:04 pm

southy wrote:Gordo … from some of your posts it would appear rum laced eggnog is not your friend. Glad you have an opinion, but please stop the judgements … people can do what they want and they do not need your approval or disapproval. Merry Christmas :130:

Its my opinion not judgment, by the way I don't drink (my reason is documented on this forum).
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8088 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby FreeRights » Dec 29th, 2018, 2:51 am

GordonH wrote:All I am saying is its a shame nonessential services have to be open every day of the year.

Not everyone believes in or celebrates Christmas, so what you think people should do isn't relevant.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

OKkayak likes this post.
FreeRights
Guru

Liked in: 2023 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 29th, 2018, 3:19 pm

GordonH wrote:All I am saying is its a shame nonessential services have to be open every day of the year.

FreeRights wrote:Not everyone believes in or celebrates Christmas, so what you think people should do isn't relevant.

My comment has nothing to with commercialization of christmas, it's about spending quality time with Family and Friends.
I've given my opinion, agree or disagree I really don't give a damn.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

SuperMom likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby SuperMom » Dec 29th, 2018, 3:58 pm

GordonH wrote:

FreeRights wrote:Not everyone believes in or celebrates Christmas, so what you think people should do isn't relevant.

My comment has nothing to with commercialization of christmas, it's about spending quality time with Family and Friends.
I've given my opinion, agree or disagree I really don't give a damn.

I agree with you! I understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas, and that is perfectly fine by me. But I am dismayed by the commercialization of every holiday and society's "need" to consume and spend every day of the year. Christmas is the only day that my workplace closes, and some of our customers would be happy if we didn't close at all. The other day I overheard an older gentleman ranting to his young companion about a business that was closed at 6pm. Judging by his tone and comments, he was quite put out by the fact that business dared to close at that time.

What is so wrong about people being able to enjoy part of the holidays? I think we all understand the need for some to work these days, and we appreciate the fact that they do. But sometimes I think society treats the service and retail workers like slaves. We'll grudgingly give them Christmas day off, so long as we can still get our lattes and last minute groceries.

GordonH likes this post.
SuperMom
Fledgling

Liked in: 181 posts

Postby OKkayak » Dec 29th, 2018, 4:37 pm

SuperMom wrote: What is so wrong about people being able to enjoy part of the holidays?

What is so wrong about people being able to not partake in the holidays?

If you want to stay home and celebrate the holidays with your family, thats your choice and you don't need to justify this to anyone. If you want to go out, work or visit businesses on Christmas, then thats your choice as well and don't need to justify this to anyone.
OKkayak
Übergod

Liked in: 1481 posts

Postby SuperMom » Dec 29th, 2018, 5:11 pm

OKkayak wrote:
SuperMom wrote: What is so wrong about people being able to enjoy part of the holidays?

What is so wrong about people being able to not partake in the holidays?

If you want to stay home and celebrate the holidays with your family, thats your choice and you don't need to justify this to anyone. If you want to go out, work or visit businesses on Christmas, then thats your choice as well and don't need to justify this to anyone.

Fair enough but don't complain when your coffee shop, restaurant, or business selections are limited on such a day.
SuperMom
Fledgling

Liked in: 181 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 29th, 2018, 5:42 pm

I damn neared burst out laughing when number people were grumbling that there grocery store was closed on Tuesday (this was on Thursday).
Vast majority of businesses are open every day and only close for 1 day a year. If you can't handle it being closed 1 day, that is truly sad thing.

I'm old enough to remember at one time when in many parts of Canada Sunday shopping was illegal (this started to change I believe in the 80s).
In Ontario truckers were to pull over at midnight Saturday and stay off the roads until midnight Sunday.

SuperMom likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Previous

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts