I love pizza

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: I love Pizza.

Post by oneh2obabe »

flamingfingers wrote:Is momma El Khouri baking there? or one of her daughters? Remember the pizza in Peachland KG?

DunnEnzies first opened in downtown Kelowna seven years ago, and all three of its locations are still owned by Deb Dunnigan and Karyn MacKenzie.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I love pizza

Post by LANDM »

Well that solves my internal question as I would drive by.......why is it called that? :up:
You and 71 others Like this post
Daisymartin

Post by Daisymartin »

I always eat veg pizza.
Natural acne treatment products | Get rid of acne | Home remedies for acne scars
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I make my own from scratch. Have for decades.

It all started when I was a kid in Vancr. A neighbor across the street always made home made pizza, not sure of his ethnicity. Some Saturday evenings, there be a knock at the door and he'd hand my dad a cookie sheet (strange, it was the regular rectangle one) with a pizza. "Here, this is for you, enjoy" and off he'd go.

From that my dad used to make his own pizza. I remember well, he'd buy a Chief Boyardee Pizza mix. I guess it had a flour mix, a small can of parmesan cheese and some pizza sauce. My dad would add ground beef (broken up into small bits) some green olives and that was it. I don't even think it ever had cheddar or mozzarella cheese on it. (Ya, it sounds gross to me today, as well)

Anyway, I buy a gallon of pizza sauce and freeze it in 1/2 cup portions. I buy 500 g pepperoni chubs, cut them in fifths and freeze them.

About every other week, or more often I make enough dough to make two 12" pizzas. My wife likes Hawaiian, I'm more traditional. I make one pizza base (cut the dough in half) at a time, my wife puts whatever she likes on hers. I put it in the oven on a pizza stone for 8 - 10 minutes and I roll out my base and build my pizza. Her's comes out, mine goes in.

Each pizza is enough for our dinner and two lunches.

We've had friends over for a pizza making dinner, where everyone makes their own pizza, lots of fun.

For the spices, that I like, I created a recipe from all sorts of pizza spice recipes and make up a small bottle of the mixed spices.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Ken7 wrote:As I'm totally dissatisfied with the quality of Pizza in this City I've resorted to buying and adding to my frozen pies.

Tonight I tried a Wild Mike's all dressed frozen pizza, with some extra cheese added. I have to say, something in their pizza has just a nice bite, spice. Over all I was impressed, ironically for three pies less then $10.00. I actually will buy another as I enjoyed it more then McCains pizza.

What are you pizza lovers doing, I'm lost for good pizza and don't know where to turn.

When I don't make my own, my favorite is Murray's Pizza. I live in Summerland, so that's the outlet I enjoy, they are all up the valley.

Pizza is fairly individual, one person will love a certain outlet, another hates the same one.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The most filling pizza I've ever had was a place that no longer exists, Vern's pizza.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I’ve had pretty good luck with papittos down pandosy.....
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

If you ever make it to Golden or Williams Lake, Red Tomato Pies is a must.

You get your choice of six types of crust, 17 sauces, you can do half and half custom pizzas. Hell, there are half a dozen varieties of Hawaiian pizza listed if you’re into that (I most definitely am).

I believe they’re the #3 and #1 restaurants respectively in those towns.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

vegas1500 wrote:I’ve had pretty good luck with papittos down pandosy.....

Do they sell by the slice? I need a new by the slice place in South Mission.
:D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Queen K wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:I’ve had pretty good luck with papittos down pandosy.....

Do they sell by the slice? I need a new by the slice place in South Mission.
:D

Yes they do.....and to be honest the last time I had them it wasn’t as good....but still, better than anything I tried in town. I tried that dun enzies(spelling) and was less than impressed.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Not sure if anyone has said it but Houston Pizza a Saskatchewan franchise has recently opened in west Kelowna.

I've eaten my share of their pizza and am looking forward to a visit there soon!! Finally, by the photos their pizza is what I desire.
Attachments
Houston.jpg
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Ken7 wrote:Not sure if anyone has said it but Houston Pizza a Saskatchewan franchise has recently opened in west Kelowna.

I've eaten my share of their pizza and am looking forward to a visit there soon!! Finally, by the photos their pizza is what I desire.

My Saskatchewan friends can’t speak highly enough of it, while my Manitoba friends say it sucks. This is Houston pizza in general, not specifically the West Kelowna store. But I’ve also heard the Sask and Manitoba locations were very different quality so that factors in. The owner here is from Sask so I’m hoping it’s as good as advertised!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I've read reviews from their site.

IF you like thin crust, you will likely say this pizza is sloppy or too wet. A thin crust typically has very little toppings. Therefore it will be a dryer pizza.

When you put the toppings to a pizza as Houston did in my old stomping grounds, it will be a wetter pie. It also used to be a good selection of meat and two cheese topping which gives the pizza the nice coloration on the cheese.

I have trouble looking at that photo I posted, I ate pizza every night shift I worked. I love pizza and that photo makes me want one right now!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ken7 wrote:Not sure if anyone has said it but Houston Pizza a Saskatchewan franchise has recently opened in west Kelowna.

……….was this picture taken with "photo radar" and at what speed was it clocked going down?

Vern's Pizza (was excellent) that was here in Kelowna 10 years ago was based out of Saskatoon and is still in business there.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I was very suprised and only did when on special is the large Pan Pizza double everything Hawaiian deluxe...but always make sure to tick of the extra cook for crispier cheese...from Papa Johns
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”