Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by fluffy »

I left conventional cable behind a few years ago. My current strategy is a second tier internet provider and a collection of streaming services. I pay about $120/month for 300 mbps internet and more TV than I can keep ahead of. Still, there is some stuff out there that can't be found unless you're picking up blu-rays. My son gave me the complete "Fringe" series for Christmas, that's my go-to for the time being. I watched it all when it came out over ten years back and it's just as good second time around. I like that it's filmed in Vancouver and that I'm always seeing recognizable stuff in the background.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Netflix for a rainy day

Post by Queen K »

Latched onto "Broadchurch."

WOW! Totally hooked.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Queen K wrote:For a new series we switched to "Snowpiercer".

Turning out to be pretty damned good.
We've watched both seasons (watching the new episodes as they come out) and were intrigued by the very imaginative concept. We were glad to see a second season, and the new characters and improved effects are great!

Started watching "Lupin". Also very good.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

On Amazon:

"Coming 2 America"

Was OK. Had its moments and some pretty good lines.

"You like pumpkin pie? Cuz you gonna get the whole slice!" [icon_lol2.gif]
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

It took awhile for Homeland to catch me, and now, halfway through, I am enjoying it. :smt045
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ka-El wrote:
Queen K wrote:For a new series we switched to "Snowpiercer".

Turning out to be pretty damned good.
We've watched both seasons (watching the new episodes as they come out) and were intrigued by the very imaginative concept. We were glad to see a second season, and the new characters and improved effects are great!

Started watching "Lupin". Also very good.
We quit Snowpiercer as it gave both of us nightmares. I still can't get over they used the last of trees to smoke salmon.

We saw one episode of Lupin but decided to go with Broadchurch. We will go back to Lupin based on what you said. And yes, it's tough to find a new series so soon after a really good one.

ETA: interesting thing about Broadchurch, it's been replicated right down to some of the same actors and writers but set in an American town called Gracepoint. However, it seems that Gracepoint lost something along the way, the Britishness of the story? Also, Broadchurch is a trilogy, and will not have a fourth season. :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Not a Netflix movie..........Amazon Prime..........

Title.........."Movie 43"..........lots of big name actors in about 10 or so different stories. Several different directors including Peter Farrelly are in on it..........that should give you an idea of this movies direction.

Put it this way.........it will weed out the Hutterites in the first two minutes.

Also.........when the credits start........watch it right through until the end.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

lesliepaul wrote:Not a Netflix movie..........Amazon Prime..........

Title.........."Movie 43"..........lots of big name actors in about 10 or so different stories. Several different directors including Peter Farrelly are in on it..........that should give you an idea of this movies direction.
Ahahhahaha. That movie was hilarious.

I liked the one with beating the leprechaun.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Even Steven wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Not a Netflix movie..........Amazon Prime..........

Ahahhahaha. That movie was hilarious.

I liked the one with beating the leprechaun.
Gerard Butler was great as the leprechaun ........Kate Winslet gagging when the Pube fell in the soup..........PRICELESS!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

I liked the last skit (or one of the last skits) with Halle Berry and Stephen Merchant.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Just watched "Vice." I remember thinking that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were complete scumbags during and in the aftermath of the war in Iraq. After watching this movie I'm wondering how they never ended up in prison. It's easy to understand why so many people around the world hate Americans.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Started watching Longmire. Not what I expected, it's not a western so much as it's steeped in modern mid-west lore with cell phones. Every single episode has has something disturbing in it and we've only watched three so far.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

techrtr wrote:Just watched "Vice." I remember thinking that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were complete scumbags during and in the aftermath of the war in Iraq. After watching this movie I'm wondering how they never ended up in prison. It's easy to understand why so many people around the world hate Americans.

^^ I watched it this weekend too..totally shocked how those to didn't end up in prison ...incredible how much power Cheney had (given himself) at that time..

and people thought Trump was an egomaniac on a power trip...he's a pup compared to Cheney
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

W105 wrote:
techrtr wrote:Just watched "Vice." I remember thinking that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were complete scumbags during and in the aftermath of the war in Iraq. After watching this movie I'm wondering how they never ended up in prison. It's easy to understand why so many people around the world hate Americans.

^^ I watched it this weekend too..totally shocked how those to didn't end up in prison ...incredible how much power Cheney had (given himself) at that time..

and people thought Trump was an egomaniac on a power trip...he's a pup compared to Cheney
Yeah, Trump is kind of a buffoon, but Cheney is truly an evil man who thought nothing of causing hundreds of thousands of deaths if he could profit from it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Christian Bale playing Dick Cheney is real good

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”