Artist’s incredible 3D paintings jump off the page

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Artist’s incredible 3D paintings jump off the page

Post by oneh2obabe »

There’s a snake that looks so real, it’s terrifying; a glass of water which tempts you to pick it up right off the paper and a moon that seems as if it’s suspended in mid air.

These are just some of the incredible paintings of 3D artist Stefan Pabst who creates jaw-dropping illusion art and photorealistic portraits.

Along with paintings of giant spiders, geometric vortexes and 3D puppy dogs, Stefan’s work also includes stunning drawings of stars such as Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie.

Stefan uses a range of paint brushes for his 3D drawings using the trompe l'oeil technique; a French term literally meaning “trick the eye”.

And the 35-year-old artist, who was born in Russia but moved to Germany when he was 15, takes just three hours to complete each optical creation.

He began drawing at the age of five when he copied images from an old bible, but it was’t until he rustled up a portrait for a friend’s birthday that his career took off.

“There was broad encouragement for my art and a guest asked me why I have not made my hobby my profession,” he said. “At that time I could not imagine living alone from art.”

Nowadays, he paints full time, receiving commissions from companies, singers, actors, football players and politicians.

Stefan has also developed quite a following on his Youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/user/lanevski1

He said: “Many artists and art enthusiasts have contacted me with questions about my painting technique, so I now upload videos of my work to the Internet.”

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Artist’s incredible 3D paintings jump off the page

Post by sobrohusfat »

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”