Sundowner Meats

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Sundowner Meats

Post by oneh2obabe »

Sundowner Meats & Deli
2611 Hwy 6
Lumby, BC
V0E 2G0

250-547-1463
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

removed. Stop derailing the thread.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jul 14th, 2016, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Title made me remember the Sundowner in Niagara Falls. Took a few posts to realize it's unrelated.
Your bias suits you.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Lundy's Lane - different kind of ... never mind, not going there.

Now back on topic ... I'll have to see if my friend wants to drive to Lumby after work once a month to pick up dog bones.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Sundowner Meats & Deli
2611 Hwy 6
Lumby, BC
V0E 2G0

250-547-1463

That's located just as you leave Lumby, left hand side, up the same gravel road the golf course is on.
Just thought I'd add that so people don't look for it right in town.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
jm32

Post by jm32 »

Tootsie wrote:Stores going into the new mall: Boston Pizza, a second IDA Pharmacy with medical clinic (present IDA Pharmacy staying where it is - there will 2 of them in Winfield), Starbucks. * and Woody's cold beer & wine.

Sorry for being OT, but thought it was necessary to follow up on this point:
I recently contacted Boston Pizza. They did indeed explore the prospect of a restaurant in Lake Country, but upon completion of their analysis have decided not to go forward with it. So, that puts that to bed for now. It does look like some kind of restaurant may be coming. For all we know it could be one not currently in the valley.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

might as well put another tim hortons!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
bcphil

Post by bcphil »

there is a new tim hortons going in next to boselys will be interesting having a drive through in a car park !!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Tootsie wrote:Stores going into the new mall: Boston Pizza, a second IDA Pharmacy with medical clinic (present IDA Pharmacy staying where it is - there will 2 of them in Winfield), Starbucks. * and Woody's cold beer & wine.

jm32 wrote:Sorry for being OT, but thought it was necessary to follow up on this point:
I recently contacted Boston Pizza. They did indeed explore the prospect of a restaurant in Lake Country, but upon completion of their analysis have decided not to go forward with it. So, that puts that to bed for now. It does look like some kind of restaurant may be coming. For all we know it could be one not currently in the valley.

I somehow doubt that Woody's is moving in there also, simply because it doesn't make sense, given they are in a better location where they are, as opposed to practically moving in next door to their competition, and because I think a sign by a company working on the project called "Woody's Exteriors" got someone confused.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

bcphil wrote:there is a new tim hortons going in next to boselys will be interesting having a drive through in a car park !!

Indeed because as it is they've designed the parking lot so well. LOL
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Lonewolf...yes you're correct - it is not Woody's Cold Beer & Wine going into the new mall. It's another Cold Beer & Wine store being put in by the guy who USED TO run Woody's. My OOPS.

If it's true Boston Pizza is not going in that's too bad. They have the coldest beer we've ever found !
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Tootsie wrote:Lonewolf...yes you're correct - it is not Woody's Cold Beer & Wine going into the new mall. It's another Cold Beer & Wine store being put in by the guy who USED TO run Woody's. My OOPS.

If it's true Boston Pizza is not going in that's too bad. They have the coldest beer we've ever found !

That makes more sense to me as it would be a good location to sell booze, given proximity to The Lakes development, plus the old mall there used to have a liquor store.

There's also enough distance between that location and Woody's that both should be able to survive easily enough. I just couldn't see Woody's Pub moving practically next to the Turtle as being a wise business decision if that were the case.

Where Woody's is now will just get better as more of Main Street gets developed thus drawing more potential customers to their proximity.
WheresShayNee

Post by WheresShayNee »

It was never said that Woody's was moving...just that they were opening a Cold Beer & Wine in the new mall.
This thread is now totally off topic and another thread should be started regarding the new mall. Only time will tell just what businesses open up...
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

WheresShayNee wrote:It was never said that Woody's was moving...just that they were opening a Cold Beer & Wine in the new mall.
This thread is now totally off topic and another thread should be started regarding the new mall. Only time will tell just what businesses open up...

FYI the topic was discussed, answered and pretty much petered out as in no more to say.

*removed*

Time will indeed be the deciding factor as to what businesses move into that mall, given that nothing I've heard so far is true.
Last edited by ferri on Aug 19th, 2016, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
WheresShayNee

Post by WheresShayNee »

Anyone looking to discuss the new mall wouldn't look under a thread for Sundowner Meats...

I started the thread and when I saw it was once again being actively discussed again I foolishly thought it was to do with the original topic...

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”