2017 Losses of the Famous and Infamous

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

2017 Losses of the Famous and Infamous

Post by Queen K »

This thread is for all the people who have died, famous or infamous. It's intended for all those notables who have done something with their lives that brought joy or grief to those around them.

Arguably, you don't have to know them, you just have to know they've earned a place in this thread.

Here is the first notable loss of 2017, the founder of the Toronto Film Festival, bringing Toronto up to an International level of fame and fortune.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/ ... li=AAggFp5

For the LOVE of GOD, I can not believe Infamous has to be explained, but here it is. Those notable people who reached fame or fortune through misdeeds or questionable means. This does not include your neighbours or family, unless they are highly recognizable as an almost household name or fully household name where one person in your house can say, "Pulling a Tonya" ande everyone understand arranging to have a rival's knee whacked. THAT sort of thing.
Last edited by Queen K on Jan 15th, 2017, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2017 Losses of the Famous and Infamous

Post by GordonH »

Likely candidates in 2017 :138:
https://deathlist.net//
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Rob Patterson, chief of the Malahat Volunteer Fire Department and vocal advocate for improved safety on the crash-prone stretch of highway, has died. Patterson, who is in his 50s, died suddenly on Monday, according to Cody Tetley, a longtime friend of the famil - See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... p0gBP.dpuf
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:Likely candidates in 2017 :138:

LOL!

"Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh 96 Casual rascist"
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

GordonH wrote:Likely candidates in 2017 :138:

How morbid - could you imagine pulling that list up and seeing your name on there? Would feel like the grim reaper is watching you over your shoulder.
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

the deadlist isn't very accurate....didn't it say 12/50 for 2016.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

WeatherWoman wrote:the deadlist isn't very accurate....didn't it say 12/50 for 2016.

I dunno. If I named 50 Castanutters, and 12 died this year, that'd be scarily high on the prognostication scale.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote:
WeatherWoman wrote:the deadlist isn't very accurate....didn't it say 12/50 for 2016.

I dunno. If I named 50 Castanutters, and 12 died this year, that'd be scarily high on the prognostication scale.

I'm sure you have technical names for the pool you draw your sample sizes from; there are rather a lot more celebrities out there than there are Castanutters :135:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm sure you have technical names for the pool you draw your sample sizes from; there are rather a lot more celebrities out there than there are Castanutters :135:

There are 346,000 members on Castanet.
- Douglas Murray
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

RIP Grandpa!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm sure you have technical names for the pool you draw your sample sizes from; there are rather a lot more celebrities out there than there are Castanutters :135:

Glacier wrote:There are 346,000 members on Castanet.

Curious how many of those members have multiple user names.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It appear Charles Manson has been hospitalized, some people's death just could not happen fast enough.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote:It appear Charles Manson has been hospitalized, some people's death just could not happen fast enough.

SCREW YOU, you inconsiderate bass poo! My wife's grandpa is named Charles Manson, and he has been hospitalized. No, wait, you're talking about the OTHER Charles Manson who happens to be the same age. Oops, my bad. Carry on.
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

News report I heard about little Charlies condition was that he was "rushed" from prison to the
Hospital.

If I was driving the vehicle, it would have suffered mechanical issues on the way.

"Helter Skelter"
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/asia/indi ... ended_pool

Anyone a fan of films made in India? Om Puri was only 66, and the older I get, the younger 66 becomes.

Rest in Peace.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”