Tragically Hip's Gord Downie dead at 53

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Tragically Hip's Gord Downie dead at 53

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie died Tuesday night at 53, the band said in a statement on its website.
More to come.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment ... spartandhp
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Tragically Hip's Gord Downie dead at 53

Post by Glacier »

RIP Gord.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

RIP Gord your music shall live on.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gord was a hell of singer & songwriter, he will be missed He gave us something that will live on, that is his music.
My condolences to His Family and Friends, rest in peace.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Truly a huge contributor to Canada's music scene............RIP Gord.

Your life was short but well lived...........thanks for the tunes.
pmaria
Fledgling

Post by pmaria »

One of the very few celeb deaths that has affected me emotionally. The other being Carrie Fisher.

The Tragically hip was a big part of my musical experience for most of my life. I remember recording their songs off the radio onto a cassette tapes to make my own albums, being unable to afford to buy them. I'd usually miss the first few seconds of each song as I jumped to press record, so it made for some interesting listening along with the fact I was recording with a microphone placed in-front of the radio speaker. Then when I got my first car and road trips became a thing, I maxed my first credit card to buy a 6 disc CD changer with an extra cassette just for T Hip discs, and it lived pretty much permanently in the player. I have many fond memories of road trip adventures with a Hip soundtrack. Even today I've graduated to a motorcycle, and they are still in my playlist for my rides.

I cant remember how many times Ive seen them in concert from the Commodore Ballroom to BC Place to a field in Alberta. Unfortunately I was unable to get tickets for the final show, despite willing to fly to Calgary or Edmonton for it.

RIP Gord.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

RIP Gord, you'll be missed "fully completely".
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”