Obamas in Space

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Obamas in Space

Post by d0nb »

B.H. Obama (His Name be Praised) was invited to use the time and money of Netflix subscribers to share his observation that those who listen to Fox news rather than National Panhandler Public Radio are living on a different planet. Apparently the concept of listening to both, exceeds the limited scope of the former prez's depressingly binary mind.

As a frequent visitor to both planets, I offer a brief Travel Guide: :biggrin:

Planet Fox is home to such popular attractions as the intelligent and beautiful women of "outnumbered." It also boasts a healthy minority population of citizens of retrograde NPR-like planets, who are encouraged to express their biased, parochial and often hateful opinions. A few of them even host their own shows on PF, making visits to Planet NPR a bit of a waste of time. Those who suffer from fear of and disdain for the free exchange of ideas often self-impose travel bans on PF. They are always welcome, but seldom missed.

Planet NPR is a pompous, intolerant place where free speech is viewed with suspicion and many laws are predicated on a religious observance of an ever-growing liturgy of 'microaggressions.' The elites of NPR generally regard themselves as being above the laws of their own planet. Traffic to the Lake Wobegon theme park, " where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average" has suffered due to an unexpected encounter with reality. Visitation from Planet Fox is generally unwelcome.

Enjoy your trip. :130:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Obamas in Space

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I was excited on the weekend to discover that David Letterman had a new show on NetFlix, but then gravely disappointed to see that his show was wasted on interviewing former president Obama (his name be praised), and when I say "interviewing" I mean "slobbering all over". Is there no one else worth talking to - it's been only a year since we got the Obamas out of the White House. Who cares what they've been up to. Yawn.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Who cares what they've been up to. Yawn.

Obama Leads Letterman to Ratings Win

Landing an appearance by the president seems to be a game-changer at least for one show in late-night television. On Monday night, President Obama lifted David Letterman to his most-watched “Late Show” in four years, with a total of 7.218 million viewers.

That was more than enough to propel Mr. Letterman, on CBS, past his late-night rival on NBC, Conan O’Brien, in every audience category for the first time since Mr. O’Brien became host of the “Tonight Show” in June.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/23/busin ... tings.html
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:
Obama Leads Letterman to Ratings Win

Landing an appearance by the president seems to be a game-changer at least for one show in late-night television. On Monday night, President Obama lifted David Letterman to his most-watched “Late Show” in four years, with a total of 7.218 million viewers.

That was more than enough to propel Mr. Letterman, on CBS, past his late-night rival on NBC, Conan O’Brien, in every audience category for the first time since Mr. O’Brien became host of the “Tonight Show” in June.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/23/busin ... tings.html

Relevance? This is from 2009.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Oops, was looking for the ratings report from last show. Admittedly not paying enough attention. My bad :smt045

eta: bet you like this one better …

Even with Barack Obama as a first guest, David Letterman is getting lukewarm reviews for his 'lackluster' new Netflix talk show

http://www.businessinsider.com/david-le ... arm-2018-1

Yawn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:Oops, was looking for the ratings report from last show. Admittedly not paying enough attention. My bad :smt045

No problem. It does raise a question though, how does Netflix judge ratings? It's an entirely different paradigm...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

People vote on their devices on their Netflix watched list. What they liked and didn't. I've found the vote list to be fairly accurate.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:People vote on their devices on their Netflix watched list. What they liked and didn't. I've found the vote list to be fairly accurate.

OK cool. I'm new to the whole thing, haven't spent much time on it yet, other than binge watching Stranger Things! :)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Did you like the second season?

I don't like Letterman's beard. I want to fly to NY and get him to cut the damn thing off. I wonder how many other people are reacting to the "old guy with the huge beard" instead of the content?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: ..., how does Netflix judge ratings? It's an entirely different paradigm...

I don't know about them, but I use our "Netflix on a Rainy Day" thread right here on the Entertainment Board.

"Peaky Blinders" GB. You're gonna love it :smt045
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OH ya, Peaky Blinders, hooked now aren't ja?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:Did you like the second season?

I don't like Letterman's beard. I want to fly to NY and get him to cut the damn thing off. I wonder how many other people are reacting to the "old guy with the huge beard" instead of the content?

Letterman lives most of the time now on his ranch in Montana.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:

OK - will check it out. Watching all of the comedian shows right now - watched Seinfeld and Norm MacDonald this weekend.

Tried to watch Ashton Kutcher's "comedy" The Ranch, but they lost me in the first few minutes with a lame CFL joke.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote:

OK - will check it out.

Actually GB, you should check out "Fauda" first. Story takes place in Israel and Gaza. Intense. I'm impressed with Netflix original stuff. You do have to keep your eye on the subtitles to keep up with the story - sometimes difficult with all the action.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Peaky Blinders first! Save Fauda for when you're through with all three seasons of PB and are desparate for high brow stuff later. Ka-El :130: just an opinion. ha ha.

We like The Ranch if we're just in the mood for low brow comedy. The damnest thing is, the opening of the show sets you up for such great production values and then plummets to second rate sets. All the "bad bro and good bro" and wimmin comedy writing is only for when one wants something totally unthinking.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”