where to get green coffee beans in K'town

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
ogopogodude
Fledgling

where to get green coffee beans in K'town

Post by ogopogodude »

Hello, I have a new hobby: roasting my own coffee beans. Where can I obtain green/tan unroasted coffee beans? I have used u-roast-it website and they deliver to the door, but I would like to buy them in person. Vancouver is really the place for this... but anybody know of a place willing to sell unroasted beans here in the interior? I have approached Canoe coffee but they roast their own green beans but do not sell them until roasted.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: where to get green coffee beans in K'town

Post by TreeGuy »

Interesting hobby. Bulk barn?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

There is a place, I can drive right to it but I can't tell you exactly the address. I THINK it is on Doyle close to the old police station. Last time I was there, there was a bicycle hanging on the front of the facade. I am sorry I can't be of any further assistance. I don't even know if it is still there.
Bring back the LIKE button.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Looks like you'll have to drive to Vernon ... friend who owns a coffee shop in Vernon told me Max Voets sells green beans to the public. I'd give them a call to confirm and see if there's a minimum order quantity.

http://www.voetscoffee.com/
http://www.voetscoffee.com/voets_coffee ... ffees.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
ogopogodude
Fledgling

Post by ogopogodude »

thank you to all that responded...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

What about Cherry Hill coffee on Hunter Court?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

alanjh595 wrote:There is a place, I can drive right to it but I can't tell you exactly the address. I THINK it is on Doyle close to the old police station. Last time I was there, there was a bicycle hanging on the front of the facade. I am sorry I can't be of any further assistance. I don't even know if it is still there.

Moved to:

The Bike Shop Café.
CONTACT US
250-861-6858
[email protected]
Penny Farthing bicycle
BIKE SHOP CAFE AND CATERING
101-1357 Ellis St
Kelowna, BC V1Y 1Z9
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If they don't have the green coffee beans shipped direct to Voets, good chance you might be able to score a pound or two.

From their web site ...
First we source top grade premium Arabica green beans from growing regions around the world. Then we have Voets coffee custom roast the beans to our preference. Then we blend the beans, and package them in 1 pound bags to bring you some of the finest fresh roasted, exclusive blends of coffee in the Okanagan.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”