Vegetarian restaurant in Kelowna

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Vegetarian restaurant in Kelowna

Post by the truth »

hey guys i am looking for a vegetarian rest in kelowna , one of my kids has decided they want to try being a vegetarian,if you know of a good one please let me know , as per rules no negative business reviews please
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Vegetarian restaurant in kelowna

Post by GordonH »

I have few friends who are vegetarians, they like Lake Tai Restaurant on Kirschner Rd

If you find yourself in Vancouver they rave about Naam its in Kitsilano.
Last edited by GordonH on Mar 16th, 2018, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Vegetarian restaurant in Kelowna

Post by ferri »

The Mad Mango will make anything on their menu vegetarian. (the veggie curry rice bowl is to die for.) :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

GordonH wrote:I have few friends who are vegetarians, they like Lake Tai Restaurant on Kirschner Rd

If you find yourself in Vancouver they rave about Naan its in Kitsilano.

Talked to a vegan about the Lake Tai restaurant....the answer was that it was unhealthily prepared food that happened to be vegan.
Naam is the one on 4th and just east of Macdonald in Kits. It’s been there forever and is open 24/7. Very popular and I’ve been there but don’t anticipate going back. They do a good job with a wide variety of dishes but they don’t have strong flavour profiles.
Your best bet is to go to your favourite Indian or other Asian restaurant and ask them for their vegan or vegetarian dishes.
Also, Naked Cafe is fantastic in Kelowna and have all vegan choices. Best I have had for that type of food in Kelowna. Like vegan pub food that is prepared in a healthy way.
You and 71 others Like this post
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am curious only about how vegetarian food is prepared in an "unhealthy way". What does that entail?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Queen K wrote:I am curious only about how vegetarian food is prepared in an "unhealthy way". What does that entail?

Merely being vegetarian or vegan doesn’t equate to healthy.
Imagine if something was deep fried in a non-light way.....compare a delicate Japanese tempura compared to a heavy old-style Canadian Chinese restaurant way of preparing with thick sweet sauces and deep frying with heavily battered coatings that would make most vegans walk out saying they feel horrible and like they just ate a bunch of liter of oil and a pound of sugar. Also, I purposely used comparisons that are deliberately different than the origin of the food at the restaurant commented on so as not to be a negative review.
YMMV
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lake thai. The owners dad used to cook for the king of thailand. Excellent food my veggie fried friends say
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thanks guys, i think we will give lake thai a go this weekend if we have time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Everest Indian Restaurant in Westbank. Lots of vegetarian dishes. Excellent!
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

GordonH wrote:I have few friends who are vegetarians, they like Lake Tai Restaurant on Kirschner Rd

I'm not vegetarian, but Naan is amazing.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Naked Cafe downtown is a good vegan option. They do breakfast/brunch and offer a wide variety of healthy, and "unhealthy" foods. And they have cupcakes too :)
hail Satan y'all
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

FreeRights wrote:

I'm not vegetarian, but Naan is amazing.

Naan is a bread.....Naam is the restaurant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Thanks for the correction LANDM, I've never eaten there myself (I'm neither a vegetarian or a vegan.... love meat to much)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”