The young are quitting meat?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

The young are quitting meat?

Post by Queen K »

Who are we kidding? Those making low incomes can't AFFORD meat and pay $1300 on their trailer rental at the same time.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220996
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
whitecandle
Board Meister

Re: The young are quitting meat?

Post by whitecandle »

One has to wonder why the full article wasn't shown. Nothing in the article states vegetarians or vegans are low income or pay $1,300 for a trailer. The article does say they are concerned for their health among other things.

Charlebois said there are a number of reasons young people are committing to vegetarianism or veganism, including reducing their environmental footprint, concern over animal welfare and the industrialization of agriculture, and concern for their own health.

The poll also suggested that people in British Columbia and Ontario were more likely to identify as vegetarians or vegans than consumers living in the Prairies, Quebec or the Atlantic region. In fact, Charlebois said 16 per cent of all vegetarians in the country lived in British Columbia.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/mind-blow ... -1.3841041
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

My kids turned vegetarian and vegan for sustainability and health reasons. Zero to do with costs, and they were raised eating meat and enjoyed it.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Good, more for us! Price should drop too if there is too much available.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I think a lot of people are turning from meat for the reason that they are too removed from their food, and see all animals as cutesy pets.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lived with vegies for a few years. I think it costs more for them to eat. Almond milk aint cheap
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

All the meat I eat I grow and kill myself.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

LANDM wrote:My kids turned vegetarian and vegan for sustainability and health reasons.

Vegetables isn't food. Vegetables is what food eats.

If God didn't want us to eat meat, He wouldn't have made animals taste so good :smt045
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

Ka-El wrote:
LANDM wrote:If God didn't want us to eat meat, He wouldn't have made animals taste so good :smt045

No that is not true I think. That is a matter of taste.
If God didn't want us to eat meat he wouldn't have placed our eyes facing forward and given us teeth, though I must agree that they taste very good.

Why anybody would want to go meatless is beyond me. My wife and I eat enough to compensate.
I debone and grind 99ct/lb turkeys. Smoke 99ct/lb smoked ham for sandwich meat.
Put the $7,50/kg roasts in the sous vide for dinner or roast beef for sandwiches.
I have 1.5kg pork loin curing in the fridge for back bacon.
Bring it on :P (ok, yes, we're not 'young')
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

I don't mind ones personal choices in life. Vegan? Sure, go for it. I do have a problem with these people running around virtue signalling how it is cruel and not healthy, blah, blah.

Then they go crack a Rockstar and have a big toke of chemicals off their vape....clowns.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”