Milked

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Milked

Post by oneh2obabe »

No difference in quality yet people will pay double for the organic label.

Canada’s organic dairy farmers do some things differently than their conventional colleagues – like sending their cows to pasture and using only chemicals that are considered natural – it’s not reflected in the end product.

“The milks are the same – they are identical with respect to the testing and quality standards. There’s no added hormones. No antibiotics,” says Graham Lloyd, of the Dairy Farmers of Ontario, the quasi-governmental organization that controls the organic and regular milk supply.

Aline Dimitri, the food regulator’s deputy chief of food safety, says, “When it comes to the safety of the product, there is no difference. People may feel that one is safer to consume than the other, but that is not supported by science.”

Full article
http://projects.thestar.com/organic-milk/
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jul 8th, 2018, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Milked

Post by Bsuds »

Adding "Organic" to any food label is just a poor excuse to increase the price to a ridiculous level.

Problem is too many people fall for it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Milked

Post by TreeGuy »

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”