Restaurants?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Restaurants?

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Name your favorite restaurant for take out food, and let me know why. Looking for some options and opinions. I'm a big fan of Chinese food.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Restaurants?

Post by lesliepaul »

Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver...……...they have about 6 restaurants there and the food is AMAZING. NOTHING in Kelowna comes close. MeiWei on the West side (next to Wendy's) is pretty good.

If you decide to make a "run" to Vancouver, let me know and I will place an order with you.
Kelowna_Born
Fledgling

Post by Kelowna_Born »

Best in Kelowna is a little drive called. Imperial Banquet on Rutland Road. Best deal is Dinner for 3/4/5/6 or whatever. Food is made fresh to order. Best Wonton soup and Chicken Fried Rice I have ever had and that is just the starter!

There sit in is alot better then takeout, you get more, and deep-fry doesn't get all steamed up from being in a box.
Giardinera1
Fledgling

Post by Giardinera1 »

I'm Chinese - I wish we had good Dim Sum, but alas, all the 'Chinese' food here is pretty Gwai Lo.

My favourite restaurant is Wasabi. Japanese, not Chinese, but the ramen is incredible. I also am a huge fan of Bon Ga Korean Food in Glenmore.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Giardinera1 wrote:I'm Chinese - I wish we had good Dim Sum, but alas, all the 'Chinese' food here is pretty Gwai Lo.

My favourite restaurant is Wasabi. Japanese, not Chinese, but the ramen is incredible. I also am a huge fan of Bon Ga Korean Food in Glenmore.

I have never tried that one yet. I have tried other Japanese places up and down Glenmore Rd. My favorite/go to place is VERY Canadian Chinese type food.....Wok out, next door to Bon Ga Korean.

For Japanese,......Yokahama's is the best that I found that is easy to get to.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

88 Grand or Golden Chopsticks in West K
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The best Brazilian food in the Okanagan is in Vernon at Chili Beans.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Giardinera1
Fledgling

Post by Giardinera1 »

Glacier wrote:The best Brazilian food in the Okanagan is in Vernon at Chili Beans.

There's Brazilian food in the Okanagan? Going there! Vernon has incredible restaurants, I think even better than Kelowna in the sense you can get really awesome food for a decent price. Bamboo Fusion and Naked Pig are favs.

Hardly go out anymore in Kelowna because I hate the pretension and ridiculous prices. Having worked as a food supplier and grower, I know the margins and can't stomach paying for ambiance. When we do go out, if it's not Wasabi, then I prefer to pack some beer in my bicycle bags and grab tacos from the north end trucks.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Giardinera1 wrote:There's Brazilian food in the Okanagan? Going there! Vernon has incredible restaurants, I think even better than Kelowna in the sense you can get really awesome food for a decent price. Bamboo Fusion and Naked Pig are favs.

Hardly go out anymore in Kelowna because I hate the pretension and ridiculous prices. Having worked as a food supplier and grower, I know the margins and can't stomach paying for ambiance. When we do go out, if it's not Wasabi, then I prefer to pack some beer in my bicycle bags and grab tacos from the north end trucks.

There's a really great Japanese restaurant in Lumby. Yuki Sushi. Very good prices. Also some good ones in Vernon such as Mahorobas.

Some other places I like in Vernon are the Los Huesos Mexican Restaurant (real Mexican food), Little Italy (real Italian pizza, though only open at lunch), the Fresh Lemongrass Vietnamese Restaurant (the best bang for your buck anywhere in town), the Station BBQ, and D J's Perogie Kitchen (best Ukrainian restaurant in town).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Who would ever name their restaurant "YUKI Sushi"?
Bring back the LIKE button.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Glacier wrote:The best Brazilian food in the Okanagan is in Vernon at Chili Beans.

I drove by there a few times, was curious. Sounds like I’m gonna have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip :up:
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

In my mind, I would take Asian Pear over 88 Grand Buffet.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Fairways Bistro in the Royal York Clubhouse (Armstrong Golf course) serves great Fish and Chips. They have a special on Friday lunchtime - 2 piece Fish and chips or Fish and Salad for $10.95. The batter is nice and light, and the chips are homemade. Delicious.

My other favourite fish and chip stop is the one in Enderby (right next to the liquor store). But I forget the name. It has a sign outside saying "Best fish and chips in BC" or something similar, and they really are that good. The place is very basic, not much ambiance (if any), but the food is really good.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver...……...they have about 6 restaurants there and the food is AMAZING. NOTHING in Kelowna comes close. MeiWei on the West side (next to Wendy's) is pretty good.

If you decide to make a "run" to Vancouver, let me know and I will place an order with you.

Over the years I've tried pretty well all of Chinese food restaurants in central okanagan. The best one no longer exists... Chinese Laundry in Peachland, the closest to that would be MeiWei.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lesliepaul wrote:Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver...……...they have about 6 restaurants there and the food is AMAZING. NOTHING in Kelowna comes close. MeiWei on the West side (next to Wendy's) is pretty good.

I agree. What’s your favourite dish there? I like the cumin lamb. Also the xio ling bao (I guarantee my spelling is wrong on that). Both types of noodles are great and so fresh.

:up:
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”