Restaurants?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Restaurants?

Postby vegas1500 » Sep 8th, 2018, 10:00 am

Merry wrote:The Fairways Bistro in the Royal York Clubhouse (Armstrong Golf course) serves great Fish and Chips. They have a special on Friday lunchtime - 2 piece Fish and chips or Fish and Salad for $10.95. The batter is nice and light, and the chips are homemade. Delicious.

My other favourite fish and chip stop is the one in Enderby (right next to the liquor store). But I forget the name. It has a sign outside saying "Best fish and chips in BC" or something similar, and they really are that good. The place is very basic, not much ambiance (if any), but the food is really good.

The small fish and chip shop in Peachland has great fish and chips, but I always order the halibut. Love it...not greasy, very flaky, great batter........damn now I’m hungry!

Merry likes this post.
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 2158 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Sep 8th, 2018, 11:08 am

LANDM wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver...……...they have about 6 restaurants there and the food is AMAZING. NOTHING in Kelowna comes close. MeiWei on the West side (next to Wendy's) is pretty good.

If you decide to make a "run" to Vancouver, let me know and I will place an order with you.

I agree. What’s your favourite dish there? I like the cumin lamb. Also the xio ling bao (I guarantee my spelling is wrong on that). Both types of noodles are great and so fresh.

:up:

Cannot remember everything we ordered at MeiWei last May...……...but I always like to have Curried Beef and a Szechuan dish. I will add that many people here in Kelowna ONLY know local Chinese restaurants, they have to get out of the valley once in a while to get MUCH BETTER. For take-out here I have gotten tired of being ripped off ordering a "meat" dish and getting 75% vegetables in it ON TOP of ordering a vegetable dish.

400% mark-up on Chinese food since it is mostly vegetables around this town.
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1288 posts

Postby LANDM » Sep 8th, 2018, 1:29 pm

LANDM wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver...……...they have about 6 restaurants there and the food is AMAZING. NOTHING in Kelowna comes close. MeiWei on the West side (next to Wendy's) is pretty good.

If you decide to make a "run" to Vancouver, let me know and I will place an order with you.

I agree. What’s your favourite dish there? I like the cumin lamb. Also the xio ling bao (I guarantee my spelling is wrong on that). Both types of noodles are great and so fresh.

:up:

lesliepaul wrote:Cannot remember everything we ordered at MeiWei last May...……...but I always like to have Curried Beef and a Szechuan dish. I will add that many people here in Kelowna ONLY know local Chinese restaurants, they have to get out of the valley once in a while to get MUCH BETTER. For take-out here I have gotten tired of being ripped off ordering a "meat" dish and getting 75% vegetables in it ON TOP of ordering a vegetable dish.

Sorry, I was talking about Peaceful. Never been to Mei Wei.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 4451 posts

Postby mexi cali » Sep 8th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Little hole in the wall in WK called Los Jarros. Authentic Mexican food prepared by authentic Mexican people.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Liked in: 4502 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Sep 8th, 2018, 2:08 pm

lesliepaul wrote:Cannot remember everything we ordered at MeiWei last May...……...but I always like to have Curried Beef and a Szechuan dish. I will add that many people here in Kelowna ONLY know local Chinese restaurants, they have to get out of the valley once in a while to get MUCH BETTER. For take-out here I have gotten tired of being ripped off ordering a "meat" dish and getting 75% vegetables in it ON TOP of ordering a vegetable dish.

I fully agree with the above. The only hint of meat is just barely enough to consider it a meat dish. The biggest rip-off is anything on noodles.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4857 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Sep 8th, 2018, 3:14 pm

mexi cali wrote:Little hole in the wall in WK called Los Jarros. Authentic Mexican food prepared by authentic Mexican people.

Geeze ... don't let them in on one of our gems.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

2 people like this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7817 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 8th, 2018, 9:44 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:Geeze ... don't let them in on one of our gems.

I wouldn't worry about it. If people claim they won't cross the bridge for Costco, they sure as heck won't be crossing for good grub :biggrin:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5059 posts

Postby OKkayak » Sep 8th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Glacier wrote:There's a really great Japanese restaurant in Lumby. Yuki Sushi. Very good prices. Also some good ones in Vernon such as Mahorobas.

Some other places I like in Vernon are the Los Huesos Mexican Restaurant (real Mexican food), Little Italy (real Italian pizza, though only open at lunch), the Fresh Lemongrass Vietnamese Restaurant (the best bang for your buck anywhere in town), the Station BBQ, and D J's Perogie Kitchen (best Ukrainian restaurant in town).

Raku Ramen on Main Street is really good as well :up:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5059 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Sep 30th, 2018, 7:56 am

We went to Golden Dragon in Peachland last night. Fantastic food. Tasty & abundant. Very clean and bright interior. Friendly staff. Reservations are required, we waited outside in our car for 20 minutes without one, but worth the wait.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3652 posts

Postby coleen black » Nov 4th, 2018, 5:06 pm

To Kelowna_Born,

Imperial Banquet on Rutland road is THE WORST chinese food not just in Kelowna but in B.C.!
You must have left your 'taste buds' at home!
coleen black

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 5th, 2018, 6:16 am

coleen black wrote:To Kelowna_Born,

Imperial Banquet on Rutland road is THE WORST chinese food not just in Kelowna but in B.C.!
You must have left your 'taste buds' at home!

I ate there once.......never again.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4857 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Nov 5th, 2018, 7:14 pm

A friend went to the new Indian place in Rutland where Pizza Hut used to be - she says it's amazing and if you think you can handle a Level 3 then order a Level 1
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4668 posts

Previous

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts