Food delivery - skip the dishes

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Food delivery - skip the dishes

Post by normaM »

I tried it and wasn't impressed, the driver was great and he arrived on time - but the food was lukewarm. I think the restaurant had prepared it wayyyyyyyy before the pick up time.
Have you tried it? Good luck? I do like how easy it is to order, because we in the Mission not all places available on the list.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Food delivery - skip the dishes

Post by CapitalB »

I order through them all the time. Some things work out great some come a little squidgy. I'd say I've had two questionable meals in the roughly dozen or so I've ordered and they were similar to what you described.

I've taken to rarely ordering anything that should be crispy, or that could get soggy easily from being in the humid box.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Sorry don't use the service, when or if (huge if) I ever order takeout. I pick it up myself, so only one I can complain about is myself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I''m too cheap to tip delivery Lol
I would rather avoid the awkwardness and pick up myself.
I see why it can be a very handy service though.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

What places do you find the best Capt
Jimmy - you get a bonus of $7.00 when you join ( easy covers tip) a few places don't charge a fee if you order over a certain amt.
It was great to be able to order, select the time ( 1/2 hr intervals) no driving.
I'll try a few more places, like I said not all the list delivery to the Mission
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

How do these kids have money for ordering their lunch like this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lunch-delivery-woes-at-surrey-schools-1.4932723

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

TreeGuy wrote:How do these kids have money for ordering their lunch like this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lunch-delivery-woes-at-surrey-schools-1.4932723

I watched a news segment on noon news about this. 1 comment stood out to me, a teenager said he has to order since his mother is to lazy to make lunch.
The lazy one impo is the teenager, I started making my own lunches when I was in elementary school.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

I would never use skip dishes. It is severely flawed

Only two things that work for delivery.
1) pizza
2) Chinese food

Anything else. It’s a no brainer the food won’t taste good when delivered.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I witnessed funniest thing today, as my buddy was filling up his vehicle. I noticed one of those skip the dishes delivery people picking up an order at McDonald's, this is the definition of laziness & really bad taste in a lunch item.
I suspect that takes away the cheapest of McDonald's
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rich enough to order Skip the Dishes, from McD's!!!
Lazy not to take their own lunch, or make something at home. If they're at home, too freaking lazy to have proper groceries in the house. OMIGOD! McDonald's though?

And what about the dishes? Still using your own plates, cutlery, glasses/mugs/cups to eat with? So which dishes are being skipped, just cooking ones? Pots/pans/utensils?

The one good way I can see using this service is due to health concerns, frailness or an autoimmune disease has flared up. Cooking for one can be a drag and yes, I've done it. What to look forward to? What to make?

Seems the service is trying to be more than chinese food and pizza. That's a good thing for people experiencing a hard time.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ no, they bring plastic utensils
I know ppl who use it because they have had drinks and don't want to risk being stopped as they go to pick up
McDonalds offers full menu, 24 hr breakie .. guess they picked Skip the Dishes as their delivery
at Blue Tail Sushi they are always busy with the drivers at lunch time, cheaper than places hiring their own delivery drivers.
I know a woman who's older Mom is in TO- so she uses Skip the Dishes ( but they have oodles of places)
If we were closer to the downtown core more variety.. in the Mission not so much
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Plastic utensils?

Because washing normal cutlery like a spoon, fork and knife is too much work? Why are single use straws being banned? Unless the plastic utensils are being washed and reused, which we do in this house until the things break. People like me have a metal sensitivity for some things, so yes, I used plastic spoons for some food items.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

you asked what they brought, you can go on line and see.. you can order the number of place settings
I don't think ppl using the service are any more lazy that those who don't. Know lots of ppl who enjoy the luxury of ordering more than pizza and chinese take away.
Never had understood the straw ban. A place here is trying to use cardboard straws, don't work with a darn
Guess if you just eat outta the container then it really is Skip the Dishes
I've noticed more women than men drivers, daytime, kids in school
Prolly not much more than the average pizza delivery as there is that fee, and then tip the Driver
You can leave the tip for the Driver when you place the order
LIke maybe I have chicken out for dinner
but really really in the mood for Indian food
And it keeps locals working so that's good
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Any employment creation is a positive, heck, maybe I'll apply some day to deliver meals.
I hope my tips come in cash at the door, that way I can pick up milk and eggs on the way home :biggrin:

My guess is that this is a good way to order certain foods so that one's cupboard doesn't have to be full of ingrediants that would sit for long periods of time.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”