Vernon: Best Chinese buffet?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Vernon: Best Chinese buffet?

Post by Queen K »

Crazy thing is Sunday might be fine for all we know. But I feel frozen to the marrow no matter what I do these days.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Yeah, well, coming from a place 50 degrees warmer is a bit of a shocker. Blood and coat too thin to deal with this cold.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So, buffet sometime near the end of March? Will that do? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Given that it is Family Day Long weekend, I still think calling off our g2g was the right thing to do.

We had a Snowmageddon Forecast :-X , that came to zilch, so be it.
But it's still unpleasantly cold out and all the little monsters and teens are out of school.

I am predicting that we were all better off.

I'd prefer a Monday or Tuesday anways.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

And here I thought this was a serious ongoing Castenet "discussion" about the "best Chinese buffet" in Vernon. I can honestly say, I have eaten my way through most Vernon buffets and my vote is with the tried and true Kiki Gardens, but as I was reading through the discussion I thought Royal Gardens would be a better setting for groups as they have large round tables in the back room where it is a bit quieter.

Although I haven't been as active in the forum as I used to be, I still read through some of the threads when my eyes need a good eye rolling work out or my blood pressure is too low, and especially when I am a bit blue and need to feel connected to the world without actually having to deal with anyone I actually know, haha. So that being said, if I am back from visiting my daughter in England (Mar 5-25), I would love to join the group when you meet in Vernon.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Wonderful. And welcome. Would love to meet you. Perhaps you can tell us why we should visit England.

QK, we tried Tuesday last time, remember? Looks like we should do this before Coffee leaves on March 5, April a busy month for me.
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 17th, 2019, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A Tuesday works for me, for sure.

When we get the date for March, as in, when we're not all freezing our a$$e$ off, Coffeefreak, you will be in the know!

And welcome back. :130:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Catsumi wrote:Wonderful. And welcome. Would love to meet you. Perhaps you can tell us why we should visit England.

not for the food I can assure you of that
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

LTD wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Wonderful. And welcome. Would love to meet you. Perhaps you can tell us why we should visit England.

not for the food I can assure you of that

Is this a slam ? If so, against who, what, why? :135:

Unknown
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no not a slam, im guessing you haven't had English food tho :runforlife:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Now it's clear as crytsal. I seldom see a pleasant comment from you so was expecting a nasty.

Yes, English "food".... Doesn't everyone like overcooked and watery vegetables from time to time? [icon_lol2.gif]

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mushy peas....
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Gray mushy peas, fresh out of the tin, before cooking

Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

I could eat fish n chips, steak n kidney pie, bubbles n squeak, bangers n mash and spotted dick all day long.. and of course Yorkshire pudding.. nothing wrong with English food, especially if there’s plenty of ale.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Methinks 'tis the ale that appeals to your gastronomic undertakings a la Anglais, Hurtlander; More so than the pasties and kidneys which are best awash in a brew.

Unknown

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”