2018 Christmas Commercials

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

2018 Christmas Commercials

Postby oneh2obabe » Nov 20th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Whether you channel surf, grab something to eat or fast forward when it's time for commercials, there are some that deserve watching.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 6958 posts

Re: 2018 Christmas Commercials

Postby MalaPropina » Nov 21st, 2018, 3:01 am

I love that one! The first time I saw it I actually got a little misty.

This one is kinda cute. [icon_lol2.gif]

MalaPropina
Fledgling

Liked in: 277 posts

Re: 2018 Christmas Commercials

Postby oneh2obabe » Nov 25th, 2018, 2:51 pm

John Lewis released their annual ad last week and marked the start of the Christmas season for many in the UK. The ad itself features Elton John going back over his career while sitting at the first piano that he received for Christmas as a kid.

It's a nice ad and fitting since John is wrapping up his career at the moment. It also received a lot of praise from plenty of folks online, including James Corden.

But the John Lewis ad also cost around $8,996,600 according to LAD Bible, something that looks strange in comparison when you check out this budget short created by filmmaker Phil Beastall.

It doesn't have Elton John or his famous songs, but what it does have is a heart and plenty of people are noticing it. Beastall posted the film that he made back in 2014 on the heels of the John Lewis ad, giving people an emotional alternative.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 6958 posts

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts