This event rocked my childhood

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: This event rocked my childhood

Postby gardengirl » Dec 1st, 2018, 5:28 pm

I remember Dean Higuchi ripping phone books in half and blowing into hot water bottles until they popped.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Ho_(wrestler)
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

2 people like this post.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 673 posts

Postby normaM » Dec 1st, 2018, 5:51 pm

we might as well all start singing " Memories"
It came on at 2 pm, and we were waiting
I laugh when ppl say " it was fake you know"
getoutoftown
No way
LOL
They worked hard for their money
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right

2 people like this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4734 posts

Postby gardengirl » Dec 1st, 2018, 6:15 pm

normaM wrote:we might as well all start singing " Memories"
It came on at 2 pm, and we were waiting
I laugh when ppl say " it was fake you know"
getoutoftown
No way
LOL
They worked hard for their money

Yes. Much better acting than the "reality" shows that are on now.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

2 people like this post.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 673 posts

Postby LANDM » Dec 2nd, 2018, 8:32 am

Waaait a miiinnnuttte.............it was fake?
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3922 posts

Postby sobrohusfat » Dec 2nd, 2018, 12:51 pm

This one has nothing to do with wrestling - but this event did "Rock my childhood"...

Sometime in 1969, when i was still only a wee squid, my funny little mother was Director of a funny little "educational" camp for kids in the Ottawa area. She would bring my older sister and i to hang-out there with all the "big" kids (i was still so little they all seemed like big kids to me) while she did her admin stuff.

They had all sorts of "classes" & activities (indoor & outdoor) - one popular activity was the giant rope swing that was set-up high in a mature tree at the top of a hill in that deciduous Ontario forest. The end of the rope had a little flat wood "seat" above a big knot, and to get to it, the kids had to line-up, step up to a large platform constructed at the base of the tree where the "men" in charge (teen-agers) would hold the rope back while one kid got off and next kid got on.

Because this was the late 60s, they were still free to build the thing to maximize the fun-factor. Top of a hill - long stout rope anchored far along a large branch - pulled as far back as humanly possible for two guys to hold it. All designed so that by the time the rope reached its farthest point of swing... and began to swing back...the kid was way out there, far above the down sloping forest floor.

Of course i joined the line with all the "big" kids. I remember the guys in charge expressed some concerns regarding my age & size but in the end they let me have a go - with a "hang on tight" and a good shove-off ....

I thought i was hanging on tight but clearly not tight enough cause at the farthest, highest end of the line, i flew off the thing.

i remember seeing the ground below coming-up fast, and thank God for the years of accumulated leaves and the sloped ground that absorbed much of the impact. When i stopped tumbling downhill, I opened my eyes but couldn't breathe and couldn't see (winded & buried in a tomb of leaves). I heard kids voices and finally got hauled out of there and carried back to the main buildings. They sat me down on a picnic table - asked me if i was OK (i nodded "yes" even though i still couldnt quite breathe properly) and off they went...back to the fun.
Experiencing being winded for the first time was the worst part - the frustration at having "failed" was bad too... so the tears came.

...and that's when the girls showed-up.

Maybe they had been in the tree-swing line-up and saw what happened... maybe they just saw me sitting there alone in tears... either way they came and sat with me. The oldest one sat me on her lap and held me in her arms and the other two sat in front talking sweetly to me.
They were so BEAUTIFULL

Surrounded by this soft, warm, female beauty and kindness, a strange feeling came over me.
It started as an odd "weakness" in my legs - a deep warmth in my belly - a strange tightness in my throat - a pleasant tingling in my scalp... what a RUSH !

...and then my concerned mother showed-up (alerted by one of the guys in charge i guess)
"...go away mom - i'm FINE"
She just smiled and went back inside.

That little event definitely rocked my childhood.
I never went through the "Ewww girl germs" stage - never understood my friends objections to me inviting girls to my birthday parties - and always got the warm "rush" in the presence of female soft beauty and kindness.

When i brought that memory up years later, my mother said at the time i was 4 years old.

leaves.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY

2 people like this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2157 posts

Previous

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts