Academy Awards

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Academy Awards

Postby Gail_K » Jan 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

I am happy to hear that Kevin Hart will be hosting the awards again. I will watch them this year but the minute they bring politics into it, I will be shutting it off. So sick of hearing about Trump. Lets get down to what the awards are all about and forget everthing else. Jokes are fine but I am sick of hearing all the ureteric.
Gail_K

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Academy Awards

Postby Catsumi » Jan 4th, 2019, 10:33 am

I totally agree with you Gail.K

I am more interested in your use of the word "ureteric" as I have never seen it used other than in medical texts. If you are implying that Trump political commentary is pissy, again, I agree with you. :biggrin:
People with opinions just go around bothering each other with them. (S. Gautama)
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (W. Churchill)

LANDM likes this post.
Catsumi

Liked in: 6155 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 4th, 2019, 10:38 am

Hart hasn't been confirmed as host ... he's reconsidering.

Prodded by Ellen DeGeneres, comic Kevin Hart says he’ll reconsider his decision to step down as host of the Academy Awards.

Hart had backed away two days after being named host last month when some homophobic tweets he had made a decade ago resurfaced. But DeGeneres urged him to host the show during an interview that aired Friday on her talk show.

The motion picture Academy has not named a replacement host for its Feb. 24 awards show.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/fi ... as-oscars/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

normaM likes this post.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Liked in: 7815 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Jan 4th, 2019, 12:35 pm

I haven't watched the Academy Awards in years. It's just one big self-congratulatory talk show. I haven't been interested in the bulk of their movies, or the celebrities; I find them highly overrated.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

3 people like this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4668 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 4th, 2019, 1:05 pm

If Kevin Hart was a white man and had said what he said about black people he'd never work again
Did a half azzed apology years ago..
meanwhile the community is gunning Ellen
Last min it will be Kimmel again
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6507 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 4th, 2019, 3:23 pm

The host is a comedian, largest supply of material is usually the current US president.
But maybe this comedian will go in a different direction.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9083 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Loki2u » Jan 4th, 2019, 10:31 pm

I stopped watching the Oscars years ago. Tired of the politically correct BS and phonyness of the whole ordeal.

The movies that win I've never heard of. They are released 2 months before the deadline and are already a set formula to win or be nominated. Case in point: Mary Poppins Returns was nominated for Acadamy Awards before it was even released in theatres! It has horrible critics scores, but they promote it by mentioning the nominations to sell tickets.

Who are you wearing red carpet BS. Who gives a s**t?

There hasn't been an original idea come out of Hollywood in decades which is why they continuosly pump out crappy sequels and reboot movies every 5 years. Brutal.

The Oscars is waaaaay past its prime and its ratings decline every year. Time to put this thing out of its misery.I could go on but.......

That's my rant for the evening. [icon_lol2.gif]
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-

Lady tehMa likes this post.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Liked in: 454 posts

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts