That big cable company

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

That big cable company

Postby southy » Jan 14th, 2019, 6:55 pm

And here I thought I could be nice throughout the month of January. No way! I have been trying for three days to get hold of a live agent at a big cable company to help me rectify a problem I'm having with my digital box. I have tried phoning. I have tried chatting. I have tried screaming off my deck. Nothing works. What gives? If it is that busy, perhaps they should hire more people. I'm ready to go to company B with my internet, tv and phone. This is really bad business. Any suggestions?
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 747 posts

Re: That big cable company

Postby Bsuds » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:04 pm

If you are talking about the one that starts with an "S" ? I gave up on them along time ago.

Having said that for the most part customer service is secondary to them all but I Have had decent help from the big "T" when needed.

LTD likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11757 posts

Postby voice of reason » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:08 pm

is it possible for you to go down there in person?
voice of reason
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 988 posts

Postby southy » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Be somewhat of a drive ... I live in Penticton.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 747 posts

Postby pentona » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:17 pm

southy wrote:Be somewhat of a drive ... I live in Penticton.

Think twice, Southy. Going with company B and you may be talking to someone in India for customer service.

my5cents likes this post.
pentona
Übergod

Liked in: 503 posts

Postby LTD » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:20 pm

pentona wrote:
southy wrote:Be somewhat of a drive ... I live in Penticton.

Think twice, Southy. Going with company B and you may be talking to someone in India for customer service.

yes but you wont have any problems so it wont matter
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3251 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Company T has my business ..Home and 4 cellular accounts...

When I call with a "problem" i give my account number , name AND the transaction number of my last payment ...

Even the Indians call me sir and thank me for my business and ask how they can keep me as a valued customer ..

Choices people ... It's about choices .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4404 posts

Postby pentona » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:25 pm

MAPearce wrote:

When I call with a "problem" i give my account number , name AND the transaction number of my last payment ...

Even the Indians call me sir and thank me for my business and ask how they can keep me as a valued customer ..

I prefer to patronize businesses that do not outsource their call centers to Foreign Countries; keep the jobs in Canada and its no more expensive; in fact I believe that my bill is cheaper than the other company. My choice.
pentona
Übergod

Liked in: 503 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:39 pm

pentona wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

I prefer to patronize businesses that do not outsource their call centers to Foreign Countries; keep the jobs in Canada and its no more expensive; in fact I believe that my bill is cheaper than the other company. My choice.

Good for you ... The S company recently CLOSED their Kelowna support centre and moved it to Calgary .. Glad you are at least local enough to keep it in Canada.. But if you know the codes to the T company, you can get " local" service too ..

Good on you though ... Your choice . We'll compare packages later .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4404 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 14th, 2019, 7:44 pm

southy wrote:And here I thought I could be nice throughout the month of January. No way! I have been trying for three days to get hold of a live agent at a big cable company to help me rectify a problem I'm having with my digital box. I have tried phoning. I have tried chatting. I have tried screaming off my deck. Nothing works. What gives? If it is that busy, perhaps they should hire more people. I'm ready to go to company B with my internet, tv and phone. This is really bad business. Any suggestions?

OOHH Southy! Big hugs, please don't wake your neighbours with screams, I'm nice.

I solved cable a long time ago by never subscribing to them and an then a long came the love of my life. Til death do us part.

Netflix.

You will experience nuptial bliss with Netflix. Perfection. Dare I add, happiness?

File the 'ol divorce papers with the big bad "S" and never look back.
Ahhhh, peace at last.
And cake.

:biggrin:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

kgcayenne likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13984 posts

Postby Loki2u » Jan 14th, 2019, 8:20 pm

MAPearce wrote:

:135:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-

2 people like this post.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Liked in: 414 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 14th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Loki2u wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

:135:

Not that package silly. :1422:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

Bsuds likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby GordonH » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:26 pm

southy wrote:And here I thought I could be nice throughout the month of January. No way! I have been trying for three days to get hold of a live agent at a big cable company to help me rectify a problem I'm having with my digital box. I have tried phoning. I have tried chatting. I have tried screaming off my deck. Nothing works. What gives? If it is that busy, perhaps they should hire more people. I'm ready to go to company B with my internet, tv and phone. This is really bad business. Any suggestions?

Queen K wrote:OOHH Southy! Big hugs, please don't wake your neighbours with screams, I'm nice.

I solved cable a long time ago by never subscribing to them and an then a long came the love of my life. Til death do us part.

Netflix.

You will experience nuptial bliss with Netflix. Perfection. Dare I add, happiness?

File the 'ol divorce papers with the big bad "S" and never look back.
Ahhhh, peace at last.
And cake.

1 major problem with Netflix, it has absolutely no live sports. Majority of my TV watching is sports.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8095 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Queen K » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:35 pm

See how different we all are? I can't give a rats tail about something I'll read about tomorrow on some news outlet or another.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby GordonH » Jan 14th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Queen K wrote:See how different we all are? I can't give a rats tail about something I'll read about tomorrow on some news outlet or another.

I actually prefer watching live at the venue, I've gone to many events worldwide (atmosphere can be wild, almost similar to rock concerts).
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

Queen K likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8095 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Next

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts