That big cable company

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: That big cable company

Postby Queen K » Jan 15th, 2019, 8:45 am

GordonH wrote:
Queen K wrote:See how different we all are? I can't give a rats tail about something I'll read about tomorrow on some news outlet or another.
:biggrin:

I actually prefer watching live at the venue, I've gone to many events worldwide (atmosphere can be wild, almost similar to rock concerts).

I've only been to two rock concerts and both a long time ago. I do feel bad for those who want to see live sports action, I know not everyone can travel and cable fullfils a need. I still think people should be able to pick out their own cable package.

Mine would have HGTV, The History Channel, PBS (Escape to the Country!" and BBC. After that, between real life and here, how much more can one sit around watching stuff? :admin:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14332 posts

Postby my5cents » Jan 15th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Like everything it's amazing how experiences vary.

When I look at the reviews for products, many will say the widget is far too big, can't stand it and there will be others that want the widget bigger.

"The beep on the fridge is too loud it's awful",,,, next says : "I wish the beep was louder I can't hear it".

As for the "big cable company", just before the World Junior were going to start, my subscription went blank. "No subscription....." etc etc.

Went on the chat thingie, within 15 minutes, I was reset and everything was working fine.

I worry about the T company. A couple of times I've considered switching, spoke with sales people, they were coming to the door just about every other week. Here in Summerland they had just installed fiber optics and needed to sell more subscriptions. Every time, they LIED. Oh yes we can do this, that, the other. Then when it came down to talking to the people who count, "No, we can't do that, no, our equipment will never be able to do that ! Where did you hear that ???"

I deal with the mobile division of the T company, very helpful people but, I just don't respect a company that ships jobs overseas. Dealing with the big cable company, the reps may not be local local, but at least in Canada. Good for them.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1483 posts

Postby Symbonite » Jan 15th, 2019, 11:17 pm

You guys talking about Shaw and Telus...doesnt matter...there is no choice...and thats what they like it...no choice..
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 864 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 15th, 2019, 11:34 pm

Symbonite wrote:You guys talking about Shaw and Telus...doesnt matter...there is no choice...and thats what they like it...no choice..

Or.... the choice is streaming tv. Which is what Netflix is. :up:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby burnedatstake » Jan 16th, 2019, 12:49 am

there are way more online streaming sites that you can access just through internet and lap or desktop. and with smart tvs you can link them no problem. i have a couple of shows from australia that i like. a few from the UK. and even one on the irish home channel. it has opened my eyes to the best the world has to offer. not just the US.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 446 posts

Postby 36Drew » Jan 16th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Queen K wrote:Or.... the choice is streaming tv. Which is what Netflix is. :up:

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend Prime Video as well. It's free with an Amazon Prime subscription. If you want to watch it on your TV and don't have the "smart" variety or a device that has the app, the Fire TV stick is cheap. In addition to Prime Video and Netflix, there are also streaming apps for Amazon's device that cover Global, CTV, and A&E.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 601 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 16th, 2019, 7:13 pm

36Drew wrote:
Queen K wrote:Or.... the choice is streaming tv. Which is what Netflix is. :up:

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend Prime Video as well. It's free with an Amazon Prime subscription. If you want to watch it on your TV and don't have the "smart" variety or a device that has the app, the Fire TV stick is cheap. In addition to Prime Video and Netflix, there are also streaming apps for Amazon's device that cover Global, CTV, and A&E.

And what is the current charge for the Amazon Prime Subscription? :D
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby 36Drew » Jan 16th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Queen K wrote:And what is the current charge for the Amazon Prime Subscription? :D

I pay $80/year. I think it's $7.99 monthly. Looks like there's a free trial as well. https://www.amazon.ca/amazonprime

I bought it for the shipping, stayed for the streaming.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 601 posts

Previous

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts