Westjet passengers not compensated

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
bporter

Westjet passengers not compensated

Post by bporter »

Sometimes I wonder if media personnel say stupid things just to get attention or is it sheer ignorance. I see where a WestJet plane coming from Mexico had to go to Calgary to get extra fuel because the U.S. didn't have the staff to deal with it.
The columnist's comment was that the staff apologized for the delay but the passengers were not compensated.
I suppose it would have been better if the plane just kept going until it ran out of fuel trying to get to Vancouver so there was no inconvenience?
That's about as stupid as people complaining because their flight didn't take off in time because there was an issue with the aircraft. Personally I like to have the plane I'm getting on in the best condition possible. I've never seen one that was able to pull over to the side of the road and do some repairs in the middle of a trip.
caveman
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Westjet passengers not compensated

Post by OKkayak »

Must be a slow news day, just like the other week when Castanet reported an aircraft en-route to YLW had to break off their approach and land the other direction because the wind changed. I mean seriously? Happens every single day all the time. Good Lord!

Any who, there is no compensation that any passenger would be entitled to, "plane" and simple. The aircraft took off and due to the forecasted winds, they had to to refuel en-route. The situation in the US is out of any airlines control and makes a fuel stop a bit more of a time consuming process. The aircraft arrived late, any who missed connections would have been rebooked, given a hotel room and food vouchers, just like any other delayed flight on any given day. Non story.

I'm surprised there haven't been any Tweets with passengers suffering from some sort of mental breakdown tho [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”