It's a cheesecake emergency!!

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
SmartieParts

Re: It's a cheesecake emergency!!

Post by SmartieParts »

Lol. OP here, in time for another Mother's Day!!

So now it is 2021. Our housefire was in 2018 (post-Mother's Day) and I realized I had nearly zero memory of what I did in 2019 (when this thread started). I was drawing a complete blank! So I'm glad this thread was here to give me a reminder. So weird though, because I still have like NO memory of making that cake even after reading this thread.

Seriously, I think that shows how traumatizing the fire and all the dealings after were. As people here noted, this should have been a cherished memory and both her and I don't even recognize the picture of cake. Wow! My best guess was that I bought a creme brulee slice, but now I read that it was a lemon meringue pie cake that didn't turn out well lol.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all again even though it was 2 years ago. Attached are photos of this year's entry. We haven't tried it yet (tomorrow is Mother's Day, afterall!), but it is a "Coffee Crisp" cheesecake. Graham cracker crust with a hint of cinnamon and Honduras Free Trade Select roast and filled with Cheesecake Factory-style innards and topped with a sweet/sour cream glaze and decorated with chunks of Coffee Crisp and chocolate covered coffee beans.

PS. For 2020 I still didn't have a mixer and we had just moved back into our repaired home. I did something different and made a cheesecake infused banana bread loaf. It wasn't bad but didn't make the album ;)
Attachments
IMG_20210508_144818.jpg
IMG_20210508_144754.jpg
IMG_20210508_144745.jpg
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: It's a cheesecake emergency!!

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

Wow...just WOW!

It looks divine and probably tastes like it, too. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”