Where are all the concerts ?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Where are all the concerts ?

Post by 1791 »

He was pretty excited about the cougars in Vernon. It was actually hillarious
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Next maybe we'll have Mick Jagger. [icon_lol2.gif] Or maybe not, it must be a nightmare getting insurance to use a mobility scooter on stage. :runforlife:

Probably have to rebrand too, from Rolling Stones to Aching Bones Tour.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

And Penticton gets one more …. ZZTop https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... 020#272769
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Ol George is right, isn't he like 118 now? :biggrin:
I drink Ensure, yeah
now every morning just before breakfast
I can't have coffee or tea
just me and good buddy Ensure
thats all I ever need
Cause I drink Ensure, yeah
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Brushy - maybe send those lyrics to George :130:
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Just bought my tickets for rockinriver2020. See yall in the river
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Anyone else here go to We Will Rock You at the SOEC last night? Just wondering what your thoughts are. For me it was, well - different. I'm a huge Queen fan and I guess I didn't really know what to expect. The last 1/2 hour of the show was great, the rest, meh. But I do appreciate the variety of entertainment/concerts we get here.

The husband said - don't ever drag me to something like this again :biggrin: (he's not a fan of musical theatre at all)
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I knew a tour producer in the 80s and early 90s, and he told me that artist do not like playing Kelowna. Stories of lukewarm, apathetic audiences got around and we are not worth the effort.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

kgcayenne wrote:I knew a tour producer in the 80s and early 90s, and he told me that artist do not like playing Kelowna. Stories of lukewarm, apathetic audiences got around and we are not worth the effort.

I would agree with this...…..but, many bands be them BIG or small have blacklisted cities, even countries over their treatment so Kelowna having a bad rap is not a surprise. You have to remember, the performers have been known to create their own "lack of interest" in performing and audiences can react to that.

Went to see Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap tour here at the Community Theatre about 6 or 7 years ago...……..enjoyed the show and was able to hang around after and talk to him...…….my small connection to him was I worked with his BEST FRIEND growing up for many years and knew quite a few of the same music circle in Winnipeg...…….pretty good "ice breaker" I would think. WELL, he turned out to be a complete :cuss: hole and could give a :cuss: about anything. If I run into him again, he could be the complete opposite...……...performers are very MOODY at the best of times.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”