Lotto fever.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Lotto fever.

Post by GordonH »

Single winning ticket was sold somewhere in Quebec, this ticket holder is 70 million richer today.
Soon every known & unknown relative will come out of woodwork.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

From bags to riches: 22-year-old Quebec grocery store worker wins $70-million Lotto Max jackpot.

The 22-year-old found out he won while he was at work, according to two people who work with him. He was crying and shaking, one of his co-workers said, adding that his father had to come pick him up because he wasn't in a state to drive home.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/from-bags-t ... -1.4828072
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote:From bags to riches: 22-year-old Quebec grocery store worker wins $70-million Lotto Max jackpot.

The 22-year-old found out he won while he was at work, according to two people who work with him. He was crying and shaking, one of his co-workers said, adding that his father had to come pick him up because he wasn't in a state to drive home.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/from-bags-t ... -1.4828072

Hopefully this 22 year old seeks out wise & sound money management ideas and skills. Or like many big winners end up in a real mess.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Seems the kid knows what he's doing.

Mathieu, who hit all of the seven main numbers, said he plans to share the winnings with close relatives.

“There will be eight winners from the same family,” said Patrice Lavoie, the corporate director of public affairs at Loto‑Québec , according to CNN. “He shared it with seven family members.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/year-old-groce ... qGmVxta0I/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to purchaser in Vernon on your Million Dollar ticket.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/27 ... -in-Vernon
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

If I won that kind of money I would bankroll somebody with brains and ethics to turn this country around and make it for the people again
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

When you read the "rags to riches back to rags" stories it makes you wonder if early financial programming is in some DNA in some people.

Some just can't stand to be apart from their friends, so they lavish friends with cars and other presents, soon becoming less rich and more struggling, just like their friends.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd try it though. Sure thing, give it to meeeeee!
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 5th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote: When you read the "rags to riches back to rags" stories it makes you wonder if early financial programming is in some DNA in some people.

Some just can't stand to be apart from their friends, so they lavish friends with cars and other presents, soon becoming less rich and more struggling, just like their friends.
Lump sum wins come with jump that issue, daily grand at least comes with regular money for rest of ones life.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

GordonH wrote:Lump sum wins come with jump that issue, daily grand at least comes with regular money for rest of ones life.
Daily Grand gives you choices ... you can opt to receive the $1,00/day for the rest of your life or take a lump sum payment if you want.

The top Daily Grand prize is $1,000 a day for rest of your life, or a lump sum cash payment of $7,000,000. The secondary prize is $25,000 a year for rest of your life, or a lump sum cash payment of $500,000

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Lump sum wins come with jump that issue, daily grand at least comes with regular money for rest of ones life.
oneh2obabe wrote: Daily Grand gives you choices ... you can opt to receive the $1,00/day for the rest of your life or take a lump sum payment if you want.

The top Daily Grand prize is $1,000 a day for rest of your life, or a lump sum cash payment of $7,000,000. The secondary prize is $25,000 a year for rest of your life, or a lump sum cash payment of $500,000
I guess you missed the part I said lump sum.
Payout is under 20 years of the prize (365,000 x 20 years = 7,300,000.... little more if calculate in leap years)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I may be enticed to buy a ticket if no one won it this time. :biggrin:
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tonight - 6/49 jackpot is $25M (estimated) with 1 guaranteed $1M prize
Friday - Lotto Max jackpot is $40M (estimated)

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

There is always that momentary rush when you get an e-mail...you've won a prize...only to check and only got a free play. :-X
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:There is always that momentary rush when you get an e-mail...you've won a prize...only to check and only got a free play. :-X
oldtrucker wrote:Wait a minute ....what? They send you a email? Is that on regular numbers?
I have an online account with Lotto BC where I purchase all my tickets. If I win anything they e-mail me and if it's money they deposit in my account. Larger amounts take a bit of doing to get the money (I won 5 grand once) but I rarely forget to buy a ticket. You can play your own numbers or take a quick pick.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”