Keeping busy during quarantine

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Keeping busy during quarantine

Post by Hurtlander »

Self quarantining around the pool, grilling shrimp and chicken, eating fresh fruit and drinking margaritas and Pacifico’s... half *bleep* attempting to find a flight back to the mother-land.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Sounds like such a hardship - NOT. Are the papayas and mangos ready yet?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

normaM wrote: I restarted doing Needlepoint

Nice work normaM.
The next one;

"This is proof I can stab something hundreds
of times and get away with it."

:D
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We made jam and bread yesterday. Won't last long. lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

When you start singing "these are a few of my favourite things" wearing the livingroom curtains, now that's a youtube vid waiting to happen.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Board and batten shop. Stucco back of shop. Make baseboard and trim for a room that has been converted to weight room.
Stain T&G soffit material. Install soffit material with recessed lights. Fix fence. Build new fence out front. Sort some Allan blocks that were bumped during snow plowing. Build arbor in front of shop. build timber detail in front of house. landscape/grass area in front to shop and house. Add some more bark mulch to garden. Wash and sort sailboat. Complete a few more things on vintage car.

Then next weekend, go sailing... :biggrin:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

What do you mean " when?"
Sorry now I didn't stock up on discounted Halloween costumes to keep the neighborhood walk interesting.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

My wife doesn't drive so usually depends on me to get around, and lately neither of us have been getting around. Yesterday she stated that she had to get out.
So today, with a full tank of cheap gas we went for a long drive, 250 km or so. We took a lunch and hit a number of paved side roads and secondary highways. We stopped alongside a river and had lunch. Every once and awhile the sun came out. It was a real pleasure.
There was very little traffic, maybe a couple of other vehicles with the same thing in mind.
We drove by one forestry campsite and saw a number of RVs in them, all parked a fair distance apart. Families and kids enjoying themselves.
Yeah, we couldn't think of a better thing to do.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Good thing I stocked up on flour, sugar, butter and eggs a couple of weeks ago. Neighbours and friends are getting fat from all the baking I'm doing ... so far 8 dozen morning glory muffins, 4 dozen banana muffins, 3 dozen chocolate chocolate chip banana muffins, 4 dozen strawberry muffins, 6 tomato soup spice loaf cakes, 4 lemon poppy seed loaf cakes, devil's food cake for next door neighbour's birthday, and 3 pans date squares.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Arrrghh ^^^^^ stomach growl. ^^^^^ yer killin' me here. :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm going to be making sugar-free nanaimo bars today. I found a recipe that is (almost) as good as the real thing!
I haven't failed until I quit.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Now is a good time to update my rather obsolete programming knowledge. I was lucky to borrow a couple of books from the library before they shut down, and it's great that I can keep them as long as I want until they reopen, and really take my time to learn and understand. So, before long I will be well versed in HTML 5, JavaScript and Python.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Supposed to be in the low-to-mid teens for the next few days so I'm thinking it'll be a good time to clean out the shed then put everything back in some kind of order. Then I'll get my friend to bring up his chainsaw and a few trees will be biting the dust.

Teen across the road isn't doing anything so I'll see if he wants to get some exercise and earn some money. He can rake up the damn pine needles, trim the frigging apricot tree (hopefully cut it down), trim back the juniper bush that is overtaking one corner of the yard plus the trim back or dig out the spreading one taking over the bottom hill in the backyard.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Getting out your historical costumes and go strolling might keep people busy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bed ... bpHSj0f7TY
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Did some yard cleanup today - 4 hours. I suddenly feel 80.

So. Many. Weeds.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”