Cantina Del Centro

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Cantina Del Centro

Post by lesliepaul »

MAPearce wrote:I'm gonna throw my GOOD LUCK in there also ..

It's not the kind of food but it's the location that instantly turns me off..

I won't risk the car being broken into , being harassed by junkies for change and being mugged by a parking meter for a bit of Mexican food on Bernard.

The negatives of going to downtown Kelowna have grown a lot over the last 10 years.......everything you mentioned here cannot be catagorized as a "one in a million" chance........getting harrased is almost guaranteed now and one vehicle break in and theft will turn off most people. Will save our downtown trip for Canada Day if the weather is nice..........oh, wait, there was a murder by city hall in daylight hours 2 years ago on Canada Day!

As mentioned.....GOOD LUCK to those that want to open up a business downtown........a cleansing of what ails the area appears to be on the back-burner with these elected idiots.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

1:1,000 chance of encountering a panhandler

?????

How often do you go out Al ??

And again , you cherry pick a comment to start a fight .. Did you purposely ignore the crime rate I have a problem with ?

But I do wish them the BEST of luck ... They wouldn't need it IF the city , it's mayor and council AND city managers pulled their heads out of their butts and did something about what ails a once fun place to go .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
spooker

Post by spooker »

I'm just glad that when I have to wait for a table or for my food at restaurants downtown I'll be doing it with other people who can enjoy downtown ...

Latin Fiesta is good but the route to get there is not great for kids on bikes for us ... Fiesta Del Sol is good but I keep that one for myself since I work next door to it ... this place, will fit into our dining schedule nicely for a 10-minute ride on protected infrastructure and plenty of bike parking nearby ...

And yes, Hectors is where we go when we need to get our margarita on!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

by spooker » Today, 2:40 pm

I'm just glad that when I have to wait for a table or for my food at restaurants downtown I'll be doing it with other people who can enjoy downtown ...

I'm just glad that when I have to wait for a table ANYWHERE ,it's at a place that made it "easy" for me to go through the time , trouble and expense to make it worth it .... When WE go out as a family it costs nothing under a brown note just for the meal..

It'd be nice to know that the car is safe , we won't get accosted by junkies AND it won't cost "all that much" to drop that brown note " just to park ... There are better options outside of downtown AND we use them .

I wish the place all the best, don't get me wrong ... But "downtown" isn't for me and my family .....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”