Good movies/trailers

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Good movies/trailers

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'll probably wait 'til it streams, then. I've gotten out of the habit of going to theatres.

Although, daughter and I might hit the theatre for Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Lady tehMa wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:58 am I'll probably wait 'til it streams, then. I've gotten out of the habit of going to theatres.

Although, daughter and I might hit the theatre for Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness . . .
The big special effects extravaganzas still deserve a trip to the theater for me. My son and his wife feel the same way so dinner and a movie is a regular evening out when something big hits town. We did Dr. Strange last weekend, the Marvel movies for the most part are a safe bet with a couple more of them on the radar for this year.

I have a fairly decent set-up for home viewing, and I'm okay with digital downloads replacing physical discs. "Black Phone" is on my watch list even though horror is not my usual genre. There have been a couple of great movies released under that label that really didn't deserve it, "A Quiet Place" being a good example, excellent flick and a surprise moneymaker.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Watched A Quiet Place some time ago. It was pretty good and dvd easily available from ORL, free.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Catsumi wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:06 pm Watched A Quiet Place some time ago. It was pretty good and dvd easily available from ORL, free.
Yes, I've watched it a few times and still find it entertaining. It was originally billed as a horror flick but I didn't see that, it was more of a pseudo-scary sci-fi for me. There is a sequel but I haven't seen it yet.

Emily Blunt got raves for nailing the bath-tub scream on the first take.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

normaM wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 11:31 am Like not enough spooks me, Black Phone out in a few months
Horror is not my genre of choice, but I may risk giving in to the dark side for this one. :)
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I’ve seen tv commercials for Thor: Love and Thunder
Stan Lee must be turning over in grave.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8nTmfrQd8
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

GordonH wrote: Jul 2nd, 2022, 5:33 pm I’ve seen tv commercials for Thor: Love and Thunder
Stan Lee must be turning over in grave.
I have the same feeling. Thor: Ragnarok sort of jumped the shark in the comedy department, some that was out character with the first two. It reminded me of Roger Moore's James Bond, watchable but missed the mark somewhat.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

baby93492 wrote: Jul 2nd, 2022, 10:59 pmDr. Strange is very good.
Yes, and it's nice that's it's streaming now because it takes a couple of views at least to pick up on the plot details.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Took in the latest Brad Pitt effort the other night, "Bullet Train". Certainly worth a watch if you don't mind violence. Nothing gory, sort of tongue-in-cheek violence like Shawn of the Dead or some such. Nothing too deep by any means, but it holds your attention.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

fluffy wrote: Jul 3rd, 2022, 7:06 am
baby93492 wrote: Jul 2nd, 2022, 10:59 pmDr. Strange is very good.
Yes, and it's nice that it's streaming now because it takes a couple of views at least to pick up on the plot details.
Agreed - going to be picking this one up when it is released in the correct format. Maverick, too. Loved it!

I still haven't seen the lastest Thor, it has kind of put me off :/
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

fluffy wrote: Aug 27th, 2022, 11:58 am Took in the latest Brad Pitt effort the other night, "Bullet Train". Certainly worth a watch if you don't mind violence. Nothing gory, sort of tongue-in-cheek violence like Shawn of the Dead or some such. Nothing too deep by any means, but it holds your attention.
Ok, just ordered it from ORL e-audio as dvd not in yet. Based on a book by Japanese author, I find that their quality in writing a story is excellent

Unknown
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Catsumi wrote: Aug 27th, 2022, 5:47 pmOk, just ordered it from ORL e-audio as dvd not in yet. Based on a book by Japanese author, I find that their quality in writing a story is excellent
It's full of twists and turns, plays out like a mystery, with a moderate dose of shoot-em-up.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

That does look interesting :)

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”