2022 Losses of people, places, things of fame/notority

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

2022 Losses of people, places, things of fame/notority

Post by Queen K »

I guess we begin again with 2022.

So again, the famous, the semi-famous, the people of local importance. The icon that burns, the place that is no more.
Bring them all here and we will mourn or raise a toast together.

Happy New Year is a state of mind sometimes.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: 2022 Losses of people, places, things of fame/notority

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dan Reeves, one of the winningest coaches in NFL history with a 190-165-2 regular-season record (10th best), passed away early this morning. He was 77.

Reeves' family released a statement to the NFL Network confirming the sad news:

Legendary NFL player and coach Dan Reeves passed away early this morning, peacefully and surrounded by his loving family at his home in Atlanta, GA. He passed away at age 77 due to complications from a long illness. His legacy will continue through his many friends, players, and fans, as well as the rest of the NFL community. Arrangements are still to be determined.

Reeves was a running back for the Dallas Cowboys during the 1965-1972 seasons, playing for the legendary Hall of Fame head coach (and former New York Giants defensive coordinator) Tom Landry.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/form ... -at-age-77
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Only 77 years old, famour paleoanthropoligist Richard Leaky passes away today. Rest in Peace, I hope you have some sought after answers to life's mysteries.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/02/world/ri ... index.html
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

What do you mean only 77yrs old? How old do you figure the average person gets?

Just because there are exceptions such as Betty White, and Bob Barker, hardly means most are destined to become octogenarians. :biggrin:

77yrs is a good run particularly for a male. I'm not aware of any males in my family tree that made it to 80.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jan 2nd, 2022, 7:44 pm 77yrs is a good run particularly for a male. I'm not aware of any males in my family tree that made it to 80.
Crap, better hurry up in spending the kids inheritance. Perhaps a 42 foot boat?
Anything past 80 in some semblance of good health will be a bonus.(16 yrs from now)

Richard Leaky, Louis Leaky's son I presume. Had a friend over just before Christmas that spent time working with Richard for a couple of seasons between the friends uni studies. Fascinating stories.
Last edited by seewood on Jan 2nd, 2022, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jan 2nd, 2022, 7:44 pm What do you mean only 77yrs old? How old do you figure the average person gets?

Just because there are exceptions such as Betty White, and Bob Barker, hardly means most are destined to become octogenarians. :biggrin:

77yrs is a good run particularly for a male. I'm not aware of any males in my family tree that made it to 80.
On my mother’s side of the family 70 to 80... dad’s side 90 to 100.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A great many of IHA clients are well past 85, heck, 90. So 77 seems...young.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

GordonH wrote: Jan 2nd, 2022, 7:56 pm
Urban Cowboy wrote: Jan 2nd, 2022, 7:44 pm What do you mean only 77yrs old? How old do you figure the average person gets?

On my mother’s side of the family 70 to 80... dad’s side 90 to 100.
For me it would be 70-80 on mother's side, and 60-70 on father's, though a number of males in the family tree didn't make 60.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

90 plus both sides. My dads brother and SIL lived into their early 90s as well but not in great health. My folks were in really good health until they weren't shortly before they passed. My mom had Lymphoma for 20 years which suddenly reared it's ugly head when she was 92. Only took 2 months. My dad died from COVID caused pneumonia. His mom was 95 and his dad was 94.

SO yah, 77 seems young.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Women on my dads side don't tend to make it past 65. My mom's side everyone lives til 80 plus. Yahoo me.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

77 isn't as old sounding as it was 20 years ago
Great grandparents lived to be 105... probably the lack of central heating and junk food
or they wanted to outlive enemies
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

90+ on so many sides of family - which is awesome because there's so much we all want to accomplish before being too tired to enjoy life.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

While I don't want to go at 65, I don't wish to be 119 either.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/asia/kan ... index.html
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Igor Bogdanoff, the French TV star known for his eccentric personality and appearance, has died at 72.

The television presenter passed away just days after his identical twin, Grichka. The brothers are both reported to have succumbed to COVID-19.

“In peace and love, surrounded by his children and his family, Igor Bogdanoff left for the light on Monday January 3, 2022,” says a statement released by Bogdanoff’s family via his agent, the Sun reported. He is survived by his ex-wife, the writer Amélie de Bourbon-Parme, and their six children.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/03/french-tv ... fter-twin/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”