Bye Bye Neil

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Bye Bye Neil

Post by YzzzR1 »

and Joni can stuff it with the political posturing. You're both completely irrelevant these days and neither have wrote a decent tune in decades.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/jo ... -1.5759705
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Bye Bye Neil

Post by Lady tehMa »

I actually had to look him up because I was sure he'd died years ago.
I haven't failed until I quit.
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:39 am I actually had to look him up because I was sure he'd died years ago.
Nope, just his music. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Love his older pre-ultra-political stuff tho.

What a schmuck.
spooker

Post by spooker »

I'll gladly follow Neil, Joni, and the others that are protesting Spotify's lack of backbone ... music rules!
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

spooker wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:44 am I'll gladly follow Neil, Joni, and the others that are protesting Spotify's lack of backbone ... music rules!
No surprise there.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

spooker wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:44 am I'll gladly follow Neil, Joni, and the others that are protesting Spotify's lack of backbone ... music rules!
So, is your reasoning that because you like their music (assumedly) you will follow their political stance?

Or do you already have that stance and are pleased people who have been famous at some point in their lives share that stance?

I have never understood people who will blindly follow celebrities "because they are celebrities".
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:57 am I have never understood people who will blindly follow celebrities "because they are celebrities".
Love this post (Copy).jpg
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:57 am
So, is your reasoning that because you like their music (assumedly) you will follow their political stance?

Or do you already have that stance and are pleased people who have been famous at some point in their lives share that stance?

I have never understood people who will blindly follow celebrities "because they are celebrities".
Except for one maybe two of Joni's songs, I don't think anyone actually likes Joni's music. I could be wrong tho.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm getting worried about myself because I don't follow any celebrity much less plural.
Wellllll, maybe a few castanetters here, you-know-who-are. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Queen K wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 10:09 am I'm getting worried about myself because I don't follow any celebrity much less plural.
Wellllll, maybe a few castanetters here, you-know-who-are. :up:
May I suggest Justin Beiber? LOL Not.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

YzzzR1 wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 10:08 am Except for one maybe two of Joni's songs, I don't think anyone actually likes Joni's music. I could be wrong tho.
After all the albums she sold and award's she's won I'm thinking she had a big following. She's had major health problems and probably more interested in her painting instead of writing and singing at one point. She's got another acknowledgement coming up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Fancy wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 10:46 am After all the albums she sold and award's she's won I'm thinking she had a big following. She's had major health problems and probably more interested in her painting instead of writing and singing at one point. She's got another acknowledgement coming up.
Fair 'nuff. :up: (Actually, I had Joan Baez in mind. Sorry)
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Ouchie!! That's gotta hurt..........

Spotify Loses $2 Billion as Stock Plummets After Neil Young’s Joe Rogan Protest

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/spotify-loses ... 08629.html

Bye bye Spotify.....grow a pair or else this could snowball where you got no music to play.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 29th, 2022, 9:57 am

I have to admit for the first time ever I agree with spooker 100%. To be truthful I've never been a fan of these two artists and generally have had no use for Young at all. But, I'm in total support of the stand they are taking. With some celebrities it's gone the other way so no not all of us 'blindly follow'.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

has generated some great memes
I agree I didn't know if Neil was still around - and he and Joan's friendship goes back decades
"But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead"
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”