STV Poll

Do you think that STV will be the solution to B.C.'s need for electoral reform?

Yes
31%
No
60%
Unsure/Undecided
8%

Total votes: 48

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: STV Poll

Post by Urbane »

There's now a Castanet poll on this as well.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

Right now the Castanet poll as 207 for and 187 against. I really do wonder if that has to do with the preponderance of those "Vote BC STV" signs, and I hope the No campaign steps up its effort!!
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
90Son

Post by 90Son »

Even if they 60% threshold is crossed and I hope it does. Personally I'd perfer and MPP system but STV will probably be the closest we get. It also has to recieve approval in 60% of the ridings

EDIt : apparantly lats time it got 77 of the 79(at the time) ridings. If my new source is correct... maybe I shouldn't have been so concerned
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

90Son wrote:Even if they 60% threshold is crossed and I hope it does. Personally I'd perfer and MPP system but STV will probably be the closest we get. It also has to recieve approval in 60% of the ridings

EDIt : apparantly lats time it got 77 of the 79(at the time) ridings. If my new source is correct... maybe I shouldn't have been so concerned

If you prefer MPP, you should hold off on backing STV now, because a No vote this time won't defuse the interest in change (because it's not a vote of confidence in FPTP), meaning the door would still be open to MPP or some other variant in the future, while a Yes vote would leave us stuck with STV for the foreseeable future and tarnish the prospects for a better prop rep system, if such exists. Better to stick with the devil you know until we have an alternative that people like yourself actually like.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

God help us all! I had to vote for a party( didn't even look at the candidate name) that is quasi-communist so that I didn't split the vote to keep herr gordo out. How screwed up is that? Why anyone would not vote for BC-STV is beyond me! If that were in place at least my vote for one of the smaller parties would count for something, as it is now my hand was forced to vote for a party I had no wish in really supporting but having herr gordo back was just not an option. I urge everyone to support STV., Reform is badly needed, is STV the all out answer? I don't know, but running a system that does not represent everyone resulted in my vote that does not represent me. Change for the sake of change, how worse can things really be with STV? We can always change it in 8 years!
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

I voted to maintain the FPTP system in the only poll that matters.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Before you vote in the STV Poll.... Do you have a comment on the questionable quality of the BC-STV advertising modules? Go here:

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18242&p=492268#p492268
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum

Return to “STV Referendum Discussion”